Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What furniture would you buy for a 15 year old?

Posted by rggerlac (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 8, 11 at 11:58

My 15 year old daughter needs new furniture and would like white. I've gotten estimates on Hooker Opus Designs Bailey and Stanley Young America 2nd Nature/Myhaven and would appreciate feedback on which to go with.

Got estimate from Lauters and Hooker less expensive of the two by about $800. I've read really mixed reviews about Hooker. Don't want to buy junk but also want to keep in mind that a) she's 15 and hopefully won't paint her furniture :) and b) will leave for college in 3 years. This doesn't need to last forever.

What would you do??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What furniture would you buy for a 15 year old?

IKEA Hemnes series in white. Made out of solid pine, so no glue fumes.

Cheap, solid, and won't break the bank.

Here is a link that might be useful: IKEA Hemnes series

o

Thanks very much. We looked at Ikea this weekend -- it's definitely in the running and the price is right.

o

15 year old.....

Now keep in mind I don't know if this is going in a $500,000 McMansion or a $50,000 fixer upper.

For ease of finding the stuff go with the Signature Design series by Ashley. It works. It should be cheap. It is generally particle board but what the heck, either she will take it with her when she moves out or she will not want it.

Perdue Woodworks http://www.perduesinc.com/default2.asp is generally about the same price and made in America. They just ship slower somehow.

Here is a link that might be useful: B117 X-Cess

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here