Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shyster_gw

Does anyone know where Gardner White gets its leather furniture?

Shyster
11 years ago

Hi all!

My wife and I are VERY particular about sofas. We finally found two that we like (a minor miracle) but they are both at Gardner-White here in Michigan. For a variety of reason we really don't want to do business with them. Does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative source? I have had ZERO success thus far.

If it helps the ones we like are:

http://www.gardner-white.com/products/collection.php?collectionId=1575

and

http://www.gardner-white.com/products/product.php?productId=68651

Thanks for the help in advance!

Comments (6)

• PRO
    iCustomSofa
    11 years ago

Curious, what was their rely when you asked who the manufacturer was?

• freethinker99
    11 years ago

You could find the law label on the sofa which might tell you the manufacturer. As a rule Gardner White features promotionally priced to mid range furniture with which they do a lot of volume. This retailer has been around for a long time which is a point in their favor.

You might also go back to the store again and look for another salesmen.

You might also ask some questions about how the furniture is constructed.

• Barb-Gardner
    11 years ago

I am a Vice-President at Gardner-White . I am most disturbed to read you don't want to do business with us. I would appreciate it if you would email me at barb@gardner-white.com. I want to her what you have to say.

• PRO
    iCustomSofa
    11 years ago

Barb-Gardner, I suggest any sort of confrontation is not your best approach here in a public forum. Helpful information is always much more appreciated.

• MD1976
    11 years ago

I would have to agree with you not to purchase leather from Gardner White. I did less then a year ago and have problems with my furniture already and have been told by everyone at Gardner White that it is normal wear and tear. I have a problem with that since I paid $3500 and purchased the extended warranty. I made sure to do my homework when buying furniture because I do have animals and after months of reading and shopping our salesman at Gardner White had us sold that leather is the most durable material with animals and that the warranty would cover if we have any problems. Well we have problems and now Gardner White's response is wear and tear. I have several family members who recommended Gardner White to me and after seeing what I have to go though they not only lost me as a customer but family too. BEWARE is all that I have to say.

• freethinker99
    11 years ago

MD leather furniture and pets don't mix well. But as a rule leather will hold up better than fabric and last four times as long. You mentioned that you have an extended warranty. Without exception furniture warranties, extended furniture warranties do not cover pet damage

The reason for this is pet damage is habitual. A cat can scratch your sofa. You can have it fixed and the cat can scratch it again the next day. About all that is covered by pet damage is if your pet has an accident on the furniture. If you read your contract you will confirm this.

If your damage is the result of pet damage you cannot hold the store or the manufacturer accountable.