Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meg0422

White Residue on New Furniture

Meg0422
10 years ago

Hi all,

I bought new furniture from Pali for my son's nursery 8 months ago that came with a cloudy, white residue all over every piece. Try as I might, I cannot figure out how to permanently remove it while following the care instructions. (I've basically tried wiping it with a damp microfiber cloth many, many times and right after I wipe the pieces down, they typically look a little better for about a day). The company cannot be reached for any help and the store we bought it from has been useless as well. Anyone have any tips and/or know what this residue might be? I know it was made in Vietnam, so I was thinking moisture might have been a potential issue during the curing process from what I've read on other boards out there. I am tired of having to clean the pieces every day and am getting more and more worried about my son having his mouth and hands all over it not knowing what it is and that it is safe... Thanks in advance for any input!

Comment (1)

• PRO
    iCustomSofa
    10 years ago

You have has this same "cloudy white residue" for 8 months? This occurred beginning from the very first day?

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath