Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Sofas (Flexsteel) -- pillows already flat

Posted by stir_fryi (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 5, 09 at 9:13

Last April we bought two sofas (Flexsteel) and a huge ottoman. I am happy with the couches but the ottoman had to go back several times because the buttons kept coming loose.

Anyhow, my sofas came with four pillows which I picked the fabric on. I love, love, love the fabric and want these pillow to be around for long time. The problem -- they are already getting flattened.

I don't see any visible seam or way to open them up to refill.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to refill these pillows once they get to flat?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Sofas (Flexsteel) -- pillows already flat

Buttons that are put on with a tagging gun are always going to be problematic. The only long-lasting way to keep an upholstery button on is to sew it, but that's labor-intensive and only upper end upholstery companies do it.

Return your pillows to your Flexsteel dealer. You are within the warranty period and they should not be in that condition.

o

On one side of the pillows will be where it is hand sewn together. Its called blind stitching, as you can tell its difficult to see. Just find and cut the thread( it will be a heavier thread than used on the other sides) to open up the pillow and add more fiber, try this instructions on you tube. I prefer using a small curved needle than the straight needle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8B4g_BaCWc

o

Ive had my share of Flexsteel. It is NOT the furniture it WAS years ago. IMO, its low quality. Good luck getting service.

o

Thumbs down to Flexsteel-I am getting rid of an awful sofa that is 5 yrs old. The cushions have been replaced 3x's. We have a new furniture store in our small town & they are selling Flexsteel. I went in browsing & they put the hard sell on me & informed me how wonderful Flex is. I didn't argue-I wanted to say come out to my house & I will show you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here