Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gardner, MA furniture outlets

Posted by deebk (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 27, 06 at 8:50

Does anyone have experience with the furniture outlets in Gardner, MA? Are they worth visiting (it'd be about a 2 hour drive for us)? Can you get deals? Any stores better than others?

I'm specifically looking for coffee and end tables. I'm really new to furniture shopping so I'm not much of an expert on brand quality. I've heard good things about Nichols and Stone and saw 2 of the store carry that.

thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gardner, MA furniture outlets

You will find shopping at the Gardner outlets a rewarding experience. The stores there are honest and offer good customer service at low markups. Nichols & Stone is one of the oldest furniture manufacturers in the country. They make a good quality upper medium product.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardner, MA Outlets

o

I've been wanting to go too! A friend bought some Charlston Forge furniture and found the best prices at Gardner.

o

Bump.

Curious to know if anyone has recently been to Gardner and what they have found. It's only a few hours from me and I'm wondering if I should go.

o

I know that this is a very old post but I just wanted to say how worth it it was for me to go to Gardner outlets, particularly LaChance furniture. I went back three times to purchase additional funiture and each time they were great, I am now waiting for it all to come in and they will deliver it all together. and the prices were about 45% off retail.
I don't think that people who know nothing about furniture and go to the Big stores around them would think the prices were bargains because all they see is a sofa for $899 in Their store and a similiar looking sofa at the Gardener store might be $1500. but it is a quality sofa at Gardner that would sell for almost twice that in a high end store.
the Outlets there are for people who have done their homework on quality of furniture.

o

I think what I, and other people are asking is if I go to gardner with $1k can I find a 5-6 piece bedroom set? I'm not looking to make a 4 hour round trip in a full size truck for nothing- especially when I can go to Bob's 20 minutes away and buy an entire 8pc hardwood bedroom set for $1000. I'm sure they have some quality furniture, but I'm on a serious budget and need bang for my buck! Since furniture outlets in gardner for some reason can't post examples of prices on a web site, with some generic photos- I'll probably just head to Bob's and save myself the $65 in gas and 1/2 day lost to chance... unless someone can convince me otherwise.

o

We live in southern NH and have found that we like Hubbingtons, up in Barrington, better than Gardner. Hubbingtons only seems to carry the better brands, there's no tax, and their prices are as good as the Gardner stores. They've just started selling alot of Amish furniture from Ohio. It's great stuff and very reasonable. I think they have a website.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here