Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Coffee table damage

Posted by PatrickSands (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 1, 12 at 8:46

Hi....I purchased a "clearance" coffee table. When I removed it from the box a small triangle of veneer was chipped off one corner of the table top exposing the chip board underneath. I do not have the triangle. Any ideas on what would make this look better?
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Coffee table damage

Any chance of returning it?

o

Pics?

o

I do these sorts of repairs professionally. There are many options, depending upon the extent of the damage, the location of the damage, the color of the piece, and your skill level and materials at hand.

Here are a couple of options:

Using polyester filler

Using crayons

o

Hello! please post some pictures of coffee table.

o

I have a question very similar to this. Please check it out here (on this forum): http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/furniture/msg0718384821160.html?1
I'd love to hear tips and advice! Thanks!!

o

Unless you are very skilled these are difficult to fix. I am not sure how much you paid for it. Many stores will have someone in the store who is pretty handy. In as much as you purchased it on clearance they probably won't want to put any more time or money into it. I might suggest bringing it back to the store and offering them something to do the work. An outside tech might want $125-$150 to come into your home. Try offering the store $25 to $50. It might work out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here