Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
doris09

advice buying furniture online

doris09
10 years ago

Has anyone had any experience with buying from Beautiful Rooms or Blacklion Furniture, good or bad. Their prices are much cheaper than I have found in local stores.

Comments (6)

• SAINTSFAN834
    10 years ago

No experience buying from them, but always skeptical of a company not willing to put quote in writing. Beautiful Rooms flat out refused to do so.

• freethinker99
    10 years ago

Doris and Saintsfan,

Most online retailers selling at discounted prices will not given written quotes.

You may ask why?

The typical consumer will take the written quote to their local retailer and ask them to match the price.

You can guess what happens next? The infuriated local retailer will immediately call the management of the manufacturer in question and fax him the quote. The director of sales from the manufacturer will then call the owner of the online store and read him the riot act. Do that again and your through selling our product online.

The retailer will give you a price over the phone. All you need to be concerned about from that point on is, does the price stated on you sales order match quote given.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

I have heard good things about Black Lion. If you are purchasing sofa/chairs I would want to sit on the furniture I was considering.

• doris09
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. I found the Bradington Young sofa I wanted at local furniture store and started shopping online. These internet sites beat my local store by $800.00..to me that is lots of money. My last couch was an impulse buy and I am paying dearly, after four years it has fallen apart. I am taking my time with this purchase and trying to be better informed. I am also looking at Smith Bros., as I have found a couple of their sofa's at local furniture store and loved them. I haven't really found anyone on the internet that carries Smith Bros., but their price is not bad in my local store. They appear to make a good product.
    I have picked up some really good tips from the garden web blog. Now I don't feel quiet like the old lady furniture shopping and not knowing the correct questions to ask.

• Melanie2012
    10 years ago

I recently bought two Bradington Young recliners from Blacklion. I did test sitting at a local store. The price was considerably better, salesperson responsive and careful delivery. My only disappointment was the optimistic delivery date I was given. Six to eight weeks became fourteen.

• Toronado3800 Zone 6 St Louis
    10 years ago

Online is the wave of the future. Every purchase you make there removes rent money from a local store which has sofas you can sit on though. Oh well. Wave of the future like I said.

Just try to figure out if you are buying from a company or a guy drop shipping other people's products from his computer in Grandma's basement.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz