Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
whisperingwillow_gw

TV Easel by Restoration Hardware

whisperingwillow
9 years ago

Does anyone have this piece? RH has been selling this for some time but it caught my eye recently. We just got a new tv that doesn't fit our old stand and while searching I came across this stand and love it. The problem is I can't find a soul on line that has given it a review.

Also I am not so sure about this company in general. I read reviews and its a mixed bag. Some had good experiences and others did not. I really didn't understand their concept for the most part as I've been only getting catalogs. My only experience in person was a few years ago we were on a vacation and the location we were visiting had a store. They had a coffee table I had been drooling over for a couple of years and since we had driven our SUV, my husband said he would be totally fine loading up a piece of furniture if I found what I wanted. I had no idea that it was a gallery and you order pieces.The salesperson that finally gave me the time of day (it was like we were invisible) acted like I was the biggest moron he ever met when I asked about stock pieces. I buy from Pottery Barn quite a bit and even though you do order a lot of their furniture, they do sell items off the floor as well.

Anyway, the experience with RH turned me off and I requested no more catalogs be sent to me but here I am in love with this TV easel. I realized there is a store a few hours from me but again, mixed bag on customer service. The first woman I spoke to on the phone was aloofly helpful. I can order the stand via the website but now unsure. Their customer service seems pretty poor so far.

If you own one, please advise. Thank you!

Comments (12)

• sloyder
    9 years ago

Very Expensive

• violetwest
    9 years ago

I've lusted after this one as well. I really like the concept. World Market used to have a knock off one.

• bluerdgddrs
    9 years ago

I have it and it's fabulous. It always gets compliments and if I ever want to use it for a painting I can. It is quite substantial so make sure you have plenty of room. I would highly recommend for something different than the run of the mill entertainment center. Let me know if you would like a picture and I could take one when I get home.

• whisperingwillow
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you so much for the replies. I drove to an outlet store about 3 hours away (I know I'm crazy) and all they had was the Chrome finished one. It was cool but modern and didn't really have the feel of an art easel. More of a metal stand. Plus it was way more costly than the wood one I am eyeing. Bluerdgddrs a pic would be great! My biggest concern is how it will it hold the TV. I don't have little kids so that is not a worry but wondering if our big goof of a dog might knock it over. The piece is on sale now for 595.00 not exactly cheap but looking at most entertainment centers are in that ball park anyway.

• bluerdgddrs
    9 years ago

Here is the picture. This is a 42" television in our bedroom. I tried to get it from an angle without a reflection. It holds the tv by the pieces on the top and bottom that you "screw" to tighten with the knobs. I would not worry about it coming loose at all. It's a great piece and at that price I wouldn't hesitate at all. Good luck!

• whisperingwillow
    Original Author
    9 years ago

bluerdgddrs thank you for taking the time to take a picture. I truly appreciate it. This helps me understand the scale. I went ahead and ordered the piece. I am excited to get it. My TV is 60 inches. That was a concern but according to the website, it can handle TV's up to 60 inches. In one of the pictures on the website it shows a painting in one photo that looks about 60 inches. It seems like a really cool piece that can be used for artwork later if needed.

• mdln
    9 years ago

Just delivered, nice quality, very heavy (delivery guys were struggling), am happy with purchase.

• Daniel Della-Calce
    8 years ago

artemiss, would like you to contact me at your convenience about Lavender.

dcalce@att.net

• sunnycaliforniagirl
    7 years ago

OMG! DO NOT PURCHASE THE WOODEN EASELS FROM RESTORATION HARDWARE!!!!! I have purchased quite a few pieces of both furniture and large decorative pieces and have never quite been satisfied with any of their items nor their customer service. For one. My TV started to nearly fall off the easel because after a few years, the gears or the screw/knobs/gears that keep the TV in position slowly move on their own. I then switched my TV thinking perhaps its the weight of the TV causing this problem, but NOOOOOOOOOPE! Even the thin, lightweight TV nearly fell off the wooden easel! THANK GOD I called to complain and demand a refund. The easel purchase was indeed extremely expensive and I nearly lost two even more expensive TV's in the process of using this product. IF YOU HAVE NOT PURCHASED IT YET, DO NOT BUY IT!!!!!!!

Only help was that they actually did provide a credit of the original amount paid in store credit only - not very happy as I really did not want to purchase any more items from RH.

Other problem is their large Seamaster Lamp - for one, it will barely provide any form of actual light, two, the metal connector areas have begun to secrete some odd yellow-y rust-like goo - I have no idea why and what in the world to do as this lamp is a pain in the *%^$*#*(@! AND HEAVY AS HECK. LOOKS NICE, BUT WORKS PATHETICALLY!

RH NEEDS TO IMPROVE - ESPECIALLY GIVEN THEIR RIDICULOUS PRICE POINTS!

HOPE THIS PROVIDES SOME INSIGHT INTO THEIR PRODUCTS!

• Mitchell Magee
    3 years ago

We have had this unit for over 10 years and have not had problem and like very much. We have moved many times and used different types of TVs. Never had had issue with structural integrity. Only challenge are (most) TVs that do not have a flat bottom surface; i.e. there are usually IR detectors and controls on bottom. We have had to use shims under TV to keep horizontal. Love the look and get a lot of positive comments about uniqueness (selling house and new buyers really want it as it does great job of minimizing obtrusiveness of TV screen and drawing eye to more heavy looking easel). Sorry to see it is no longer offered

• katmumn
    3 years ago

I'm not sure if it's allowed but look for a video on YouTube of Alexa Hampton's apartment where she came up with a similar TV easel for her bedroom, not from RH. I think you could probably find something better made for less.