Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sjorstad

Is this a good buy for Lane leather furniture?

sjorstad
9 years ago

Hello Garden Web. I have been silently following posts and exploring this site for a couple of months since I came across it during our search for quality furniture. The information and advice you all share is phenomenal!

So I am asking for your help. I am trying to figure out whether this is a worthwhile purchase of leather furniture secondhand. I have seen the set and it seems to be in very good condition with some signs of wear along the back edges.

Brand is Lane. Set is a sofa, loveseat, chair and ottoman, all in a medium brandy/brown aniline protected leather all over; traditional styling with rolled arms.

Seat cushions are removable and all cushions have zippers. Back cushions are semi-attached. Sinuous wire support. I think the seat cushions are the kind with pocket coils encased in foam. The owners said was $4,300+ new a few years ago and they are asking $2,000.

Is that a good value for Lane? I've read mixed reviews on this brand and would appreciate some guidance.

My biggest concern about Lane is that it does not have a hardwood frame (plywood), and the brand seems to have a terrible reputation for its reclining pieces and customer service. At what price point is Lane a good value, or is it just not worth it?

This post was edited by Susijo on Sat, Jan 3, 15 at 1:16