Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fit4life_gw

Good quality children's bedroom furniture

fit4life
17 years ago

We are looking for a bedroom set for DD5. The Jessica Mcclintock Romance series looks nice. I like the Romance Panel bed. Does anyone recommend this manufacturer;its from Lea? Is there any better quality for children's rooms? Thanks.

Comments (7)

• lindybarts
    17 years ago

I'm knee deep in researching kids room sets. I was told by many people that Lea is a middle to lower end company. I really liked one of the Lea sets too but it was priced the same as the "supposed" higher quality stuff from Stanley. Most people love Stanley so that's kind of where I'm leaning. I also like Muniure furniture that someone on the Deocrating Forum recommended. The Savannah Collection is adorable:

There is another one I saw at our Street of Dreams home tour last year that I kind of like but I think it may be discontinued? I can't find it online but I found one local shop who is selling their floor model for a great price. It looked to be made well too. It's from AP Industries, the Milady Collection:

• fit4life
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Really nice pics lindybarts. I'm still thinking of the Mcclintock bedroom furniture because it goes with several pieces she has already. I've heard different things depending on the sales person you talk with. I asked one "What's a good "high-end" children's bedroom mfr. She replied there's really NO "high-end" when it comes to youth furniture. I might as well get adult furniture if I truly wanted pieces to last. Then a diff . salesperson told me that Jessica MCClintock was the high end of Lea collections. I asked another salesperson at a diff. store I was choosing between a set from Young America(Stanley) and McClintock (Lea) which was better quality. He said when it comes to the "bed" its about the same between the two. McClintock is priced much more than Young America so I just figured it was better. You don't know who to believe hearing so many diff opinions!

Romance Panel bed I'm considering:[IMG]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c240/CamAnd/100_0663.jpg[/IMG]

• lindybarts
    17 years ago

I've seen that set before and it's gorgeous. I would go for it! I know what you mean about the quality question. It's hard to know who to believe. I only mentioned Stanley rating higher than Lea because of a few threads on here. But my personal .02 is that they are very similarily made. I'm having the same problems with trying to decide on Bassett furniture. I love it but some on here have mentioned quality problems. I say buy what you love! ;c)

Lindy

• linley1
    17 years ago

Hooker Furniture has a kids line you might want to take a look at. I've bought some of their other furniture and it's nice quality for the price.

{{gwi:1521821}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Smartkids collection

• fit4life
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here it is Mcclintock Romance Panel bed. Pic didn't come out above.

{{gwi:1521823}}

• juniormint
    17 years ago

I recently purchased the 'Smartkids' by Hooker line dressers along with a Wesley Allen bed for my daughter and was very happy with quality and price!
    Someone else posted photos above.

• sharon9455_cox_net
    13 years ago

Does anyone have photos of the Jessica Romance furniture? I'm thinking it looks different in the advertised pictures.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida