Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is Omnia Leather Sofa good quality?

Posted by eBeth123 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 11, 11 at 21:34

I'm interested in an Omnia leather sofa in the Kathy Ireland collection - the City Craft.

http://www.omnialeather.com/StyleDetail.aspx?cate=1&sID=166

The price is in the right ballpark since it's about $1000 less than the Classic Leather sofa I was pricing out.

I'm not familiar with this brand. Is Omnia a decent brand?

There is a 5-year warranty on the leather, 3-year on the cushions and lifetime on the frame (made of hardwood).

http://www.omnialeather.com/gcqa.aspx

We're getting a sofa and a loveseat so I'm doing my research before dropping $3000.

Thanks for your comments!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is Omnia Leather Sofa good quality?

In Canada, I sat on the Omnia Cathy Ireland sofa a few years ago (probably not the one you're asking about) and I was impressed in the quality and fit. I also think it had a power recline motor as an option?

Have you sat in the furniture you mentioned?

I liked it better then La-Z-Boy seating.

o

We have 2 Omnia leather sectionals for about 1 yr. and have had no problems with them - I did alot of research and they are a mid-range level quality. Good luck.

o

Don't be fooled! I just got an Omnia Couch. It uses thin material with strong Velcro on all the cushions. Not only does it make a LOUD noise every time you move but the cheap backing material is under stress from the Velcro and will wear out soon. I called Customer Service, they were rude and just want to blame the store I purchased it in. Leather couches should be made of leather, not the cheap, gossamer thin material they use. Many if it was a cheap $400 couch but I paid $3,000 and got poor service. Tried to sleep on it last night, kept waking me up with the sound of Velcro pulling on the thin backing. Bet it rips in 1 year.

o

Re: Detodog. You didn't want to give Customer Service any info regarding where you bought it, when you bought it and when you received it. If you would provide the info requested we could have helped. If you would still like assistance, then please provide the requested information.Otherwise, nothing can be done to help you until we have this info. We are celebrating our 25th anniversary and to be able to do so,we strive to provide the finest product as well as customer service to our loyal followers. We look forward to helping in resolving the issues you are having, but with the requested information provided first. Thank you.

o

eBeath, call and ask them how long in years their lifetime frame warranty is. I wanna say that means seven years in Missouri but my google on the cell is not so handy.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.furnituretoday.com/blogpost/7917-how-long-do-sofas-live

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here