Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ebeth123

Is Omnia Leather Sofa good quality?

eBeth123
13 years ago

I'm interested in an Omnia leather sofa in the Kathy Ireland collection - the City Craft.

http://www.omnialeather.com/StyleDetail.aspx?cate=1&sID=166

The price is in the right ballpark since it's about $1000 less than the Classic Leather sofa I was pricing out.

I'm not familiar with this brand. Is Omnia a decent brand?

There is a 5-year warranty on the leather, 3-year on the cushions and lifetime on the frame (made of hardwood).

http://www.omnialeather.com/gcqa.aspx

We're getting a sofa and a loveseat so I'm doing my research before dropping $3000.

Thanks for your comments!

Comments (12)

• Brent B
    13 years ago

In Canada, I sat on the Omnia Cathy Ireland sofa a few years ago (probably not the one you're asking about) and I was impressed in the quality and fit. I also think it had a power recline motor as an option?

Have you sat in the furniture you mentioned?

I liked it better then La-Z-Boy seating.

• chefmom_2010
    13 years ago

We have 2 Omnia leather sectionals for about 1 yr. and have had no problems with them - I did alot of research and they are a mid-range level quality. Good luck.

• detodog
    9 years ago

Don't be fooled! I just got an Omnia Couch. It uses thin material with strong Velcro on all the cushions. Not only does it make a LOUD noise every time you move but the cheap backing material is under stress from the Velcro and will wear out soon. I called Customer Service, they were rude and just want to blame the store I purchased it in. Leather couches should be made of leather, not the cheap, gossamer thin material they use. Many if it was a cheap $400 couch but I paid $3,000 and got poor service. Tried to sleep on it last night, kept waking me up with the sound of Velcro pulling on the thin backing. Bet it rips in 1 year.

• Toronado3800 Zone 6 St Louis
    9 years ago

eBeath, call and ask them how long in years their lifetime frame warranty is. I wanna say that means seven years in Missouri but my google on the cell is not so handy.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.furnituretoday.com/blogpost/7917-how-long-do-sofas-live

• soulbeauty19104
    7 years ago

I was in the market for leather furniture that had larger than average seat height and depth; I'm 6'. After several visits to the store and research, I decided on the Omnia Kingsbury sofa and chair with a Grade 3 leather. A whopping $5,000 purchase. My sales rep was very friendly and informative. The order took approx. 8 week before delivery. I was so excited to get the call that the furniture was in but after examination of the quality I am disappointed. There are several bruises in the leather on the front of the sofa cushions and the chair's cushion has a permanent indentation after only having the furniture for two months! The integrity of the furniture is just not there. If I had to do it all over again, I would not have purchased Omnia! I am not a happy camper. The seams are not even, all of the cushions are filled with different levels of filler and I ordered firm seat cushions but they are not. Based on the quality and integrity of this furniture, I could have gone to Raymour or Ashley, save thousands. Shame on you

Omnia for charging $2,700 for the sofa and $2,300 for the chair. Definitely not worth it!

• carrollton36
    7 years ago

Don't buy it not worth the money.....just got it delivered it's not even a week old. Definitely not enough filling in the cushions. Wrinkles easily....Mine already has wrinkle lines from sitting on it and it looks like I've had it for years instead of looking brand new.

• PRO
    iCustomSofa
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

What you have is corrected grain leather, most likely from a tannery in China. They coat the leather with heavy coats of polyurethane too cover up all the weaknesses in a poor quality hide to begin with. This makes for a stiffer thicker hide thats difficult to work with, especially when sewing. The wrinkles dont actually go all the way through the leather, its just the top coats of polyurethane thats once stretched wont relax back to original form.

Before ordering any leather upholstery, get a sample of the leather, the bigger the better and really put it though the paces, stretching, scratching, staining, wetting etc.

Also this is for any type of upholstery, if you want a supportive seat cushion that doesnt become flat after a short time, then never select a seat cushion fill that has any polyester fiber wrapping.

• HU-515858972
    3 years ago

Don't waste your money. The warranty is a joke. I bought a leather couch and have crackling and a rip in the leather. Despite the fact that the problems occurred within the warranty period, Omnia has refused to cover the repair. However for $150 they will replace the ripped cushion. According to the warranty the repair should be free. I had a la z boy prior to this under the same usage and the couch lasted over 13 years before the armrest showed damage.

• Jeffrey Miller
    2 years ago

Don’t waste your time or money. I cannot comment on quality as we as still waiting. — over five months. The shipping company now cannot tell me exactly where it is. Omnia did not give us a proper tracking number. And Omnia never updated us unless we called. Very very very poor customer service from manufacturer and shipping company.

• Karen Anderson
    2 years ago

I bought an Omnia Sofa about 3 or 4 years ago and I love it. They made it custom with the leather I picked. Made in US, super comfy and still looks great!

• Mimi
    last year

This is our recliner sofa. The cushions sink in even though we requested firm and leather loosened up within 2 months of buying. Company sent person to fill cushions with more foam filler but it lasted no time to soften up again. A second visit from technician, he was argumentative and said it was because of mechanism? Calls and e-mails to Customer service go unanswered. Same with furniture store. Warranty?? No one seems to honor it. Needless to say extremely disappointed and lost as to what to do next ($6,000 down the drain).