Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
American leather flexsteel palliser fjords (ekornes like)

Posted by violetsback (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 20, 14 at 20:53

Hi,

I'm looking for a leather sofa and reclining chair in traditional to contemporary styles. Maybe budget 4500

I am a short small woman with back problems and so I like the recliners that come in different sizes like palliser, ekornes, fjords ( my back likes zero gravity) and American leather.

However there are little reviews on fjords and American leather has some issues with construction. I need very supportive cushions? ( high density foam/ latex??) and maybe non loose cushioned back.

Any thoughts on ordering these manufacturers in quality or others that make a deep reclining leather recliner ( and freestanding sofa in leather also) where I can find these features.

Thanks for your help!

Violets back

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: American leather flexsteel palliser fjords (ekornes like)

What do people think of Hooker or Bernhardt?

We are thinking of buying this brand, to replace what must be one of the last good lay z boys (circa 1998). I'm getting increasingly scared that anything we buy now will be junk. I'd like a new style, so don't want to recover the Lay z boy.

o

We love our new sofa. I hated to part with my old Ethan Allen sofa, but now I am thrilled. We just bought the Vail Sofa with a chaise on one end. I highly recommend the upgraded cushions. They sit nice and firm. I am very particular about sofas. I don't like to sink down low into them. This sofa gets daily use so I wanted it to hold up and be comfortable. I paid close to $2500 for the combination that I got. You get what you pay for.

The back cushions are attached. The back is high enough to rest your head while sitting. The back cushions are plush and cradle you when you lay back. The fabric is super soft to the touch.

o

Ekornes, Fjords are made in Norway and both are made to a high standard with unique construction methods. The zero gravity chair from Fjords is very comfortable. Fjords is also know as Hjellegjerde. Hjelledjerde has two divisions a higher end special order devlsion and a simpler somewhat lest costly version wearhoused in New Jersey. I do think the have the zero gravity chair in New Jersey. They used to call these two devisions red and blue. Ekornes will tend to cost more due to price controls from Norway on the retial prices.

o

Relatively certain that the lower priced Fjords line is made in China not Norway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here