Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wesley Hall or Room or Board sectional?

Posted by rachel2b1 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 30, 13 at 19:55

Hi!

We are in the process of buying a sectional for our family room. Local store is having a promotion on Wesley Hall and we can get a beautiful sectional with great fabric for $8k (yikes but great quality). Also looking at a room and board sectional for half the price but the fabric options are not nearly as nice as Wesley Hall. We have two young boys - 4 and 4 mos - and this is our most used room. I am afraid to spend the big bucks and have them destroy it but I dont want something cheaper that wont last either.

Can anyone provide feedback on Wesley Hall quality with young kids and/or suggestions on other companies to look at.

Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wesley Hall or Room or Board sectional?

In your situation, I suggest picking a fabric that will hold up well and easier to clean. That would be a heavy tight woven olefin in dark colors that can hide stains well. For solid colors choose Ultra suede.
R&B is a retailer not a manufacturer and Wesley Hall is a manufacturer.

I should add that many upholstery manufacturers should review their pics and videos on how not to tie a 8-way hand tied coil springs. This includes Wesley Hall and Hancock & Moore. I could name a few others as well. The rails should always be at least 2" below the center height of the springs after tying. This is the proper way to make a good 8-way seat, but it would require more time and more experience to tie this way. As it is now, these 8-way tied coils is inferior to a solid well designed no-sag sinuous wire seat.

o
RE: Wesley Hall or Room or Board sectional?

Room and board sells a lot of McCreary Modern of Newton, North Caolina.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here