Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what is the best quality furniture out there? looking for dining

Posted by lila123 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 22, 10 at 19:11

I need to purchase a dining room table. What is the absolute best quality money can buy? i was thinking henkel harris but heard good things about council craftsman. heard baker's quality is not so great anymore. would also buy used or antique, but so far have no luck. any advice is appreciated. thanks. oh, and i know boyles in nc sells henkel but where can i find council craftsman at a discount?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what is the best quality furniture out there? looking for di

Henkel Harris.

o

Are you asking about furniture manufactuers or one of a kind bench made? Also what style? Do you want contemporary or period? There's a lot out there from guys like Lonnie Bird and Doug Mooberry or Julie Godfrey to John Nyquist or Adrian Ferrazzutti and Doug Pollaro for bench made. If you are talking about factory made the French make some fine contemporary or I like Stickly for period.

o

John Buchanan and J. L. Treharn are a couple more options for beautiful bench-made pieces.

I like some of the pieces by a French company called Grange. Stickley is hit or miss now that they are manufacturing more pieces in Asia.

o

Have u heard about used office furniture?
You can get some innovative designs and save money by using used office furniture liquidators services.

o

Amish furniture tends to be very well made and it is handcrafted of solid wood rather than veneer.

o

If you want the absolute best that money can buy, there are individual craftsmen who will custom make anything you want. For manufactured furniture, I will put in a vote for Stickley, especially if you like Mission style or modern cherry.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here