Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msl511

RH Fabric Upholstered Sofa

msl511
11 years ago

RH sofas don't seem well thought of here. I'm looking at the Belgian Shelter Arm sofa in fabric with their standard, not down, fill. I want the standard since my husband and I prefer the firmer fill.

It sounds like it should be a quality item. They say all the right things. 8 way hand tied springs, kiln dried hardwood and double-doweled frames. I was in the store today and asked where the sofas were made and was told it depended on the sofa. I didn't ask specifically about the model I was looking at. I understand from reading GW that they're generally made in China and that this is seen as a bad thing. Is that merely about the desire to buy American or is there a concern that things aren't as well made there?

Also, the price of a 7' sofa with my specs is $2345 before the 20% discount that the manager is willing to give me even though the 20% off sale has ended. Since I keep reading about really good sofas being $6K or so, I'm wondering if this price is too good to be believed and a function of a poorly made sofa. Or is the $6K number number more about a 9' leather sofa?

So, to sum up, what's with the RH sofas?

Comments (2)