Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Havertys Sofa 'Emily'

Posted by grammyles (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 19, 09 at 17:30

Has anyone had any experience with Havertys sofa Emily? I have had a problem with another one that I purchased there and I must find a replacement. This is not easy since I bought my other furniture to match the original sofa. I am so frustrated with the whole situation. The Emily is one of their lower price sofas - $900 or so and I am a little concerned. The other one was the same price and the quality was very poor. I should have shopped at Rooms To Go if I wanted that poor quality.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Havertys Sofa 'Emily'

It has 4 out of 5 stars with only 7 reviews. I was planning on purchasing a sofa and love seat from them. Which one weren't you happy with and why?

o
Havertys Sofa 'Emily'

I purchased "Sundance" last year mainly because of the size. I needed a shorter sofa. In 4 months the seat cushions were compressed to half of the original size (from 10.5" to 5" thick). I had them replaced and it took only 3 months for the same thing to happen again. They are taking it back but no refund. I have to choose another and they only have 2 in this size. Unfortunately, I purchased three other pieces to match the Sundance so I am limited in what I can take now. Also, they will not swap for another sofa of the same price. I got a 10% discount on the Sundance so that is all the credit they will give me. The only way to find anything with a decent warranty is to purchase a name brand like Bernhardt or Thomasville. Those are the ones that are an additional $1,000. I am disappointed in Havertys to be sure. A similar situation happened to a family member in another state and they swapped for an equal price chair and threw in a free 5 year warranty. I am told that they no longer do anything like that for their customers. You just have to cross your fingers and hope that whatever you buy will last more than one year. I was fortunate in that this happened within the first year. If it had been 13 months after purchase, I would get nothing. Most of their furniture is made "special" for them with their name on it. The quality is just not there anymore. If you purchase something be sure and ask about the warranty. The ones I am looking at have only one year because they are the Havertys brand.

o
RE: Havertys Sofa 'Emily'

Sorry to hear that. I thought they would stand behind their product. I have heard mostly good things about them. I may have to rethink my purchase.

I have heard that Thomasville isn't putting out a good product any more either.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here