Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
American Leather Sofa - Available from NC?

Posted by celiaanne (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 29, 06 at 17:27

Hi,

I recently saw an American Leather Safa at a local store that I really liked. I would like to get a price from a NC dealer, but I've tried Try LexFurniture.Com, RobbinsFurniture.Com, and RoseFurniture.com (as recommended on this site) and don't see A/L listed.

I've also tried a site search, but there are so many hits for American Leather, it's difficult to find any info.

Any other sites I should try? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: American Leather Sofa - Available from NC?

Yes, I bought mine from Commercial Furniture Direct. Take a look at their lounge seating. Ask them for exactly what you want. That is what I did and purchased some great ottomans that I saw. www.commercialfurnituredirect.com Hope that helps

o

American Leather is located in the Dallas area. you can reach them at www.Americanleather.com. They also have a discount store too. It's usually carried at Crate & Barrel here and also Robb & Stuckys. I bought a queensize leather sleeper for about $900 when they sold retail for appx $3500.

o

Hi, Did you purchase an American Leather sofa? What did you think of the quality? Was it worth it? Would you buy this brand again? We're between the "Danford" and a sofa from Ethan Allen. The Danford is 2x the price. Help!!! Thanks!

o

We were so unhappy with our American Leather purchases that we gave them away in under two years. Maybe if we had paid less our expectations would have been lower. I won't buy American Leather again, even though I like their color selections.

We previously bought some Palliser leather furniture for our basement media room that was a far better value, IMHO. When we moved from that house after over five years, I gave the Palliser pieces to a family whose home had just burned and they were delighted with the like-new condition. When we moved to our new house, we wanted leather furniture for the bonus room and ended up buying some at Rooms To Go - not exactly high end but it's comfortable and so far it has held up well.

I'm not familiar with the quality of EA's leather furniture, but doubt that it's less than half that of AL.

o

Otmsheffield -- What made you unhappy with your American Leather furniture?

We really like our AL sofa, but we've only had it for about six months. However, our dog jumps on it all the time and it never shows a scratch.

We bought it specifically for the Comfort Sleeper sofabed feature, which our guests really seem to like.

o

Nice store called Englishman's Furniture and Design (www.englishmans.com) carry this line and I think they are also located in Dallas which means it would ship fast. We ended up buying one on craigslist but they had a great sale price and were very professional. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Englishman's Site

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here