Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Montebello furniture

Posted by ksb1 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 18, 11 at 16:17

Is anyone familar with Montebello furniture?

I found these sofas at Scandinavian Designs. They are made in the USA and look solid and have a lifetime warranty on the frames and steel springs, so I was hoping to order some pieces in leather. However, I can't find any information online, which makes me a little hesitant.
The one I like the best isn't listed online, but these are from the same make:
http://www.daniafurniture.com/home_living_sofas_leather/item/3502
http://www.daniafurniture.com/home_living_sectionals/item/2857

I found from another brand that was made in China. As much as I loved the price and styling, i decided against it. Also, when I looked at the floor sample, the dye was coming off in spots, so perhaps it's not as good an investment!

I do have kids, but I'm thinking a durable leather should be alright. This would be used primarily for our family and adult guests, so I think we can maintain it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Montebello furniture

We just ordered a Montebello tufted leather sofa. Did you get yours? Are you happy with it?

o

I just ordered mine!

o

I was looking at the same sofa in your first link ksb1. Can either of you, or anyone else, share your experience with the Montebello furniture?

o

It's made by a company called Omnia (headed by Kathy Ireland??). I believe they are made in California! I got my sectional, but In the end i went with a different model, also made by Omnia but sold in Scandinavian Designs. I think they are well made, as far as I can tell, and they have several designs. I love that they are made in the USA and the company stands by their product.

By the way, I figured out the manufacturer and one of our local dealers got very upset, saying that it's a trade secret and Scandinavian Designs isn't supposed to divulge the manufacturer. It was a strange situation.. needless to say, I avoided that particular dealer. In the internet age, it doesn't take much to figure out these "trade secrets".

o

Thank you for that information ksb1. You are a good sleuth! What Dania sells as their Delmonico is the Kathy Ireland Skyline. Dania still has the best price I could find so I'll have to stop by there again to put in my order. Thanks again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here