Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lwmchenry82

NC furniture stores to shop

lwmchenry82
14 years ago

What are the must visit stores in NC for furniture?

Currently, we are looking for living room furniture. We like the styles of Crate & Barrel Kavari media console, Hunter trunk and the Huntley Woods leather sofa. We are also fans of Thomasville furniture (but not fans of the price).

Comments (4)

• laura11106
    14 years ago

I know of a very good factory outlet store in High Point (one of the last of the true factory outlet stores) that specializes in 2 categories of living room furniture: sofas that fit through narrow doors and stairways, and hard-to-find small size sofas. Since this store is not a major name brand, I have been told that mentioning the name on this forum is considered spam.

• annova914
    14 years ago

I am not a fan of Furnitureland South. We purchased two Drexel wingback chairs and when they arrived, the fabric on the chairs was not what we ordered based on the sample fabric I selected. Unfortunately I did not take a piece of that sample (it was not offered or available) with me. My husband didn't want to hire an attorney so I've had these two chairs with the wrong color for several years. It was a bad experience (including a sleazy salesman who never returned my calls). On a second trip we purchased furniture from Boylan but I think they're no longer in business which is too bad. If you buy upholstered furniture, be sure to take a piece of your selected fabric!

• chrissybeau
    14 years ago

Annova,
    That sounds like such a horrible experience! Here's an answer for everyone else. I suppose you can always go to see furniture in NC, since their showrooms are so big, but this is what I've found and heard from my friends:

Go to the store, sit in the furniture. Just make sure when you're in the store to write down the EXACT furniture brand, model numbers, and/or fabrics.

Then go home & shop around online. You can Google the name brand, make some calls & buy. Google is especially great when you're looking to buy name brands. If I'm buying something small, I usually don't care... but you can save SO much $ on furniture and other big purchases. Not to mention you can often get free shipping, no sales tax deals.

Have fun looking for those great deals online. :)

• anniebear
    14 years ago

Hi laura11106! I am dying to know the outlet you know. I am right outside of High Point. When people ask me, I have to tell them there is really not many good places to go anymore. It is sad...
    I would LOVE to know which one you are talking about.
    Can you email me at apbp3687@aol.com and let me know?
    Thanks so much!