Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wesley Hall upholstery

Posted by chloe45 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 19, 08 at 16:08

I am looking for two club chairs that are on the smaller side. I found a very nice one in a Henredon, but their fabric choices are not good and I couldn't find anything that would work.
Can anyone tell me how the quality of Wesley Hall compares. I did find a small club chair in their line and also a fabric that would work. I think I must have picked one of their more expensive fabrics ($85. per yard) and so the price is right up there with a Henredon chair.
How nice is their tailoring? This fabric would require expert matching to look good. Do they still use bias cording or are they now doing it on a straight grain?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wesley Hall upholstery

I have a Wesley Hall Sofa, with an upholstered chair as well as a Leather Chair & Ottoman. Wonderful quality and attention to detail. I love my set.

They are a family owned business which I find these type of businesses focus on quality. Not quantity like most corporate juggernauts of the furniture industry.

I think they're stuff is great but I'll let others chime in with they're experiences.

o

I ordered a Wesley Hall sofa, loveseat, chair and ottoman about a year and a half ago. All pieces came with issues. The furniture store agreed that the pieces had major issues and took them back. The manager of the store said they had started having issues with the company. The furniture was pricey and I was dissapointed. The issues were that the backs of the sofa and love seat were separating (alot) the seats were not even (or even close), the fabric did not line up and was not an exact match to the sample, and there was discoloration in the chair (about an orange size). After close to six months of waiting, I was so dissapointed.

Others on the HD board have had better luck and I have seen some beautiful pieces on their threads and they were very pleased. I decided to go with a different company and am pleased with my CR Laine sofa and chair.

o

Thanks .

Perky, does your CR Laine furniture have a heavy frame? How does it compare in weight with the Wesley Hall. When I compared the weight of the Henredon chair with a Thomasville chair, the Henredon was a lot heavier.I also noticed that thomasville was not putting the cording in on the bias so you don't get as smooth a line around corners.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here