Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snuffles76

Natuzzi Furniture Levels

Snuffles76
18 years ago

I have read opinions concerning the poor construction and quality of Natuzzi Furniture. Is it possible that there a different levels of quality for different price points.

We have found a great Natuzzi Sofa and really like it alot. But have some serious reservations after reading all the opinions in this forum.

Interestingly enough, I have only been able to find this piece online from a UK store.

Here is a link to the piece, it is #2056

Here is a link that might be useful: Natuzzi Sofa

Comments (18)

• Snuffles76
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Actually,

It appears that the sofa is branded "Natuzzi Leather", how is this different than Natuzzi?

Here is a link that might be useful: NatuzziLeather Link

• lewk
    17 years ago

I got an expensive Natuzzi sofa with workmanship/poor quality problem. Natuzzi does not response.
    $3000 sofa

• mogator88
    17 years ago

Anyone who knows how furniture "should" be built or how it "used" to be built would look at a Natuzzi and tell you its no good.

Anyone who has sold Natuzzi would tell you their products are well made because they last very well and customers have very few complaints.

Engineers are heavily involved in mass produced furniture, and they know how to "bend the rules." I doubt you'll have a problem with a Natuzzi.

• johnwc
    17 years ago

If you search for Natuzzi in this forum, you will find many posts describing problems with Natuzzi leather. I doubt that the fact that it is Natuzzi UK would make a difference.

• jimbojones132_hotmail_com
    15 years ago

Mogator88's response "I doubt you'll have a problem with a Natuzzi" is nothing more than fodder. What is that comment based on???

Here is what my comment is based on: 5yr old Natuzzi recliner that is wobbly, out-of-square and had bent/broken parts. The chair is partially PARTICLE BOARD inside...what $2000+ chair has PARTICLE board?!? Also, check the Natuzzi website: tells you what the warranty period is and how to register your furniture but provides NO INFORMATION ON HOW TO CLAIM WARRANTY. Tried using their 'Contact Us' link and no one replies.

BEWARE!!!

• bonniejeanw_comcast_net
    15 years ago

I bought a Natuzzi sectional couch at Costco and it turned into junk after a little over 1 year. I wasn't in need of a new couch set but saw it on display at the local Costco for the unbelievably low price of $1599.99. It looked wonderful and was very comfortable and I just had to have it. My husband went over to Home Depot and bought the proper straps/tie downs and hauled the three cartons home. When we opened the boxes, I was dismayed to find our sectional wasn't as good as the Costco display model. It had minor scrapes and odd wrinkling in the leather but it wasn't in noticeable places and I still thought that it looked great and would be durable. We placed our 3 year old couches out on the curb with a free sign and very quickly a passerby came and hauled them away.

Well, 15 months have gone by and today, I just have my chaise lounges for couches. Yesterday, we returned our cracked, peeling Natuzzi to Costco, which has an amazing return policy. A problem that I probably should have been more concerned about was that the couch kept staining our clothes yellow and eventually the couch developed a slight greenish tone in places. I had never had that problem with leather furniture before but figured that eventually it would stop "bleeding". I am not very knowledgeable about leather but apparently we must have purchased a bi-cast leather couch with a bad finish on it. My husband questions whether it was even leather. All I know is that the paperwork said that it was all leather and made in China by Natuzzi and that we did not do anything that should have damaged it. All of a sudden, it just started cracking and peeling. I am forever grateful that I bought it at Costco which has a great return policy so I have my money back. You get what you pay for and if it seems like too low of a price, it probably is too low of quality. I will do my research before I buy another couch and won't be buying on impulse.

• detroitdave22
    13 years ago

Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company! I bought a leather sofa two years ago, and I am on my fourth defective piece of junk from them. Now they are refusing to do anything about it. Last time i checked a couch that is barely used should not have All the seams separating!!!

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

P.S. $4000

• jayclaytontsu_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I purchased a Natuzzi leather sectional 3 years ago from Macy's for $2000. Last week a technician had to come out to inspect my broken frame. He informed me that general wear and tear would not have caused the frame to break. The sofa looks brand new, i have no children, and not to be rude, but no one extremely overweight has sat on the couch. Im fighting the issue right now trying to get the 10 year warranty to replace the sofa. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS BRAND! At this point, they say it's my fault. I guess they need to give lessons on how to sit with ease on their products! Any recommendations?

• rrhubers_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

We bought two beautiful Natuzzi leather chairs 15 years ago for $2000 each and they still look brand new (after four kids, many guests and three dogs!) Natuzzi DOES indeed have different leather grades and the places that sell the lower end Natuzzi pieces tend to not know much about this fact and stick to selling or offering only the lower grade leather pieces. We went to an upscale, contemporary furniture place in Ann Arbor and found these high-end chairs and they have been incredible...well worth the money for the better grade. My suggestion is to skip the huge furniture chains if you want to invest in a nice leather chair or couch that will last you a long time, get the higher-grade Natuzzi products!

• Nader
    8 years ago

Were all these horror stories with made in China Natuzzi or made in Italy Natuzzi or both?

• User
    5 years ago

Tl:dr - I paid $3500 for a Natuzzi recliner that was a piece of crap. Even though it was made in Italy, the mechanism was made in China of grossly inferior metals, and each replacement failed more quickly than the previous one.

After a year of wrangling, I got my money back.

I would never buy *any* product with the Natuzzi label.

• J Thomas
    4 years ago

Idje

• Donna Smith
    2 years ago

What is the difference in Natuzzi Numbered Grades? Grade 10, Grade 15, Grade 20 and Grade 25?

• Bonita Patillo
    2 years ago

I have two Natuzzi sectionals and planning to purchase my third in the fall of 2021, another sectional.. The first one i purchased in 1994 for $1,000 reg price was $3,000 black sectional, and the leather and frame is holding great. Minor cracking and few areas need a little touch up leather dye. Overall it looks just like i purchased it but has a little age to it. The second beige leather sectional was valued around $10k and got it for $6k in 2007. it still looks great but one area has more wear on it but no cuts or holes, need a little touch up dye. The wear is from having a favorite spot on the entire sectional which would be expected. i love Natuzzi brand and will continue to buy them in the future.

• David Aldaz
    last year

@Bryan Stark are you still around. could i pick your brain regarding natuzzi? wont take more than 10-15 mins

• David Aldaz
    last year

@Bonita Patillo are you still around coukd i ask you a wuestion about natuzzi

• A CT
    7 months ago

I have the Natuzzi Elba set (3 seater, love seat and single chair and ottoman) that I bought in 2005. It is microfibre not leather though. I believe it was 10yrs old before someone ’jumped’ to sit on the 3 seater and now it creaks. Busy with kids, I let it go til they got older and were easier on the furniture and it’s only now in 2023 to show it’s wear and time to fix the broken board and to get it reupholstered (will prob reinforce the foam or replace as well even though it looks fine and they’re still comfy, but they are almost 20yrs old). My labels say ‘Made in Italy’ which is why I’m going the route to reupholster and not buy new. It is a timeless style and worth the fix. However, I did buy it at a Sears Home store here in Canada. At one point I did some research when the 3 seater started creaking from that jump and learned the production was moved to the USA and people were having customer service issues and the quality wasn’t the same. At the time, I did not know there were different tiers or if it existed back when I purchased. We were building our first home and on a budget so I can’t remember what I spent but I’m sure it wasn’t super expensive. Not sure if this helps anyone, but the local company here wanted to buy my set if I was going the new purchase route as they said most, if not all manufacturing of furniture in the 2008 or 2009 onwards was shifted to China and other countries so quality is not the same aa the pre-2008/2009 pieces. Going off memory on those timelines, but in essence like some antiques-the older ones are made with all real wood not like today’s mass market of particle board. To Bryan Stark’s review-you have to be a savvy buyer and keep your expectations within the price range of the product you purchase. I would buy Natuzzi again so I appreciate his insight on the tiers and definitely would purchase the ‘Made it Italy’ ones. Good luck to everyone-I love my Natuzzi! P.s. and if you like Natuzze’s style, but don’t have good quality, you could always search for the older Made in Italy models and give them new life?