Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crescent50

Opinions on Thomasville Leather Sectionals

crescent50
15 years ago

We are looking to purchase a leather sectional for our new family room. I saw the Thomasville Benjamin sectional in person and it seemed pretty nice. With the sale they have, the cost is $4500.

Any opinions on the quality and/or price as well as recommendations for other brands that might be worth considering would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!

Comments (11)

• debbimc
    15 years ago

If you look through the various threads you will find lots of info. Have you priced the item at one of the discount stores--you have your model # & fabric #--if you can wait a few weeks you will save, I am in the process of purchasing right now as well. I purchased Lexington brand bedroom furniture several years ago & savedat discounter. I am looking at Bradington Young for leather--I picked up from this board that it is quality for leather & I was out Saturday looking at their samples & the salesman in store said it is great quality .

• crescent50
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I have been reading about the Bradington Young leather sectionals on here as well. They look really nice!
    I live in NJ- are there discount stores that I can look at here or are you referring to calling and checking prices at the NC Discount Furniture stores? Sorry for the silly question, I am just getting started and am VERY overwhelmed.

Thanks so much for any help.

• sycamore27
    15 years ago

Would also love the information on the discounter. I am building a house and have a whole house to furnish, but the leather sectional for the great room is the first to be purchased and most important!!

• crescent50
    Original Author
    15 years ago

sycamore- we are building too and I feel so overwhelmed at the idea of furnishing a whole house! Of course, we have some pieces to move and everything doesn't have to be done right away (more like a few years:) but a sectional for the family room is tops on our list too.

Have you seen any that you like?

• sycamore27
    15 years ago

Crescent: I found one I LOVE at Pottery Barn, but don't love the price so I am continuing to look. I wanted a brown leather sectional that doesn't look to modern if that makes sense? Lots of luck with your house!!

• debbimc
    15 years ago

If you google Elite furniture or Lexington (not the brand) you should get their home pages --most of them indicate the manufacturers they sell--although I called Elite & they have many more than are indicated on the website--I think they have showrooms--We have been in our new house going on 7 years (not new any longer) I haven't got it decorated yet & the areas I did --now I want to change..OMG..LOL

• crescent50
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LOL debimc- that's the problem- by the time you finish, you want something new:)- thanks for the info. i will check out those sites.

sycamore- the PB leather sectionals are great- check around though, I feel like I read somewhere that you can buy the same couches for much less. Do a search here to look for the company that makes them for PB- you get the couch but don't have to pay for the name :) GL to you on your new house.
    How far along are you in the build?

• crescent50
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong but are PB sofas made by MItchell Gold?

• sycamore27
    15 years ago

Crescent: Yes, some of Pottery Barn is made by Mitchel Gold. Last I looked they weren't really discounted all that much. I should look again. I know I need to start looking more because I can probably find a similar look for a lot less....

The workers are just about ready to put the roof on and begin windows. The weather in NY has been giving us a ton of delays! Plumber will start first week in Feb as well as the Electrician. What are you up to in your build?

• debbimc
    15 years ago

Crescent---it was 75 degrees today-I won't rub it in because here it goes from one extreme to another--

I have seen on this forum lots about PB --just do a search here on pottery barn & I bet you find many comments

I posted a thread--design assistance--any feedback on that question girls or guys??

• crescent50
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Building in freezing cold NJ this winter is causing lots of delays so I am jealous of the 78 degrees debbimc.

Our foundation is in and that are supposed to start framing this week??-ugh! We are in a rental (very lucky we sold) but still we are anxious to get things moving and are hoping to be in by the summer:)

In the meantime, I will just obsess about windows, cabinets, lighting, furniture, etc. I'll look forward to reading about other people's progress and hopefully get some more great ideas.

Again- GL to you sycamore and debbi sorry I can't offer any help on your designer assistance post. I am clueless but do have friends who have ordered exclusively on-line & via phone from NC with no problems.