Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Delivery time from Ethan Allen

Posted by hbh170 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 27, 09 at 12:53

Is anyone else waiting a long delivery time for ordered furniture from Ethan Allen? I ordered a queen bed and it was supposed to be in December. Now they do not know when it will be in or when they will have a truck delivering furniture. Apparently Ethan Allen is consolidating distribution centers from three to one. The store delivery trucks are busy moving the furniture from the two closed distribution centers to the one distribution center. Therefore ordered furniture is not being delivered to the stores. This is what my Ethan Allen designer explained to me. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Delivery time from Ethan Allen

I had a problem with my furniture delivery from Virginia. The store used Home Delivery Service. It took way longer than it was supposed to and HDS still, of course, charged me an amount at the high end of the "range" I was given. The owner of the furniture store sent them a fax complaining about the delay, but I'm not sure it had an effect. I'll never order from anywhere but local again. To add insult to injury, HDS was completely inflexible, and then hours off, on their delivery time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here