Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lenvt

the Sealy Posturepedic 'Belmont' from Costco?

lenvt
17 years ago

Hello--

Has anyone out there purchased the Sealy Posturepedic "Belmont" from Costco? It's going on sale soon and will be about $470 for the set. It has:

"An ultra plush, comfortable memory foam sleep surface that conforms to the body. A softer feel than the firm, but not as soft as a pillowtop."

They say this is "1 ½" x ½" Convoluted Memory Foam" (?) as well as various other Sealy foams.

I have had a mastectomy and have an implant on one side, so stomach sleeping is not as comfortable as it used to be. I need a mattress that supports my hips for side sleeping but can accomodate the implant without having to hunch my back. (does that make sense? Implants don't squish. Sorry if TMI!)

We are also thinking of taking the Novafoam plunge, or possibly the build it yourself latex mattress they discuss on the what's the best mattress site.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Lenvt

Comments (8)

• dansaludo
    17 years ago

Hello,

I am looking at that bed as well since it has the memory foam pillow top. I found it for $579 on the costco online site. How did you find it for for $470?

Thanks,

Dan

Here is a link that might be useful: Costco

• dansaludo_yahoo_com
    17 years ago

Hey Lenvt,

Thanks for the info I appreciate it. Good luck with your search.

Dan

• flashywings
    15 years ago

I purchased this mattress in August 2007. At first it was great, supportive and firm yet soft and comfortable on top. However, it has not held up to normal wear. After only 15 months, it is sagging and the soft top appears to have compacted. My body parts (shoulders, arms, hips) quickly go numb after lying in the same position.

One of the worst things about this mattress is the partner disturbance. When your partner gets up or gets into bed or turns over every little motion is not only felt but magnified 10 times. I swear I feel like I'm on a boat sometimes. It's so bad we're afraid to roll over in bed for fear of waking each other up.

I would steer clear of this one despite the good price. Maybe for a guest bedroom that gets little use but this one is not good for a master bedroom.

• harmon_grow
    13 years ago

The Sealy Posturepedic Belmont "Ultra Plush" is not a particularly firm mattress. If you require more support you may want to consider something like the Reserve series of mattresses (these are the entry level Posturepedics) and perhaps a "cushion firm" level of support. Posturepedic mattresses can be bought in four different support/comfort levels. The site below has a list of the different Sealy Posturepedic mattresses and their available comfort levels and sizes. However the price you have indicated is indeed fairly good. You've probably bought it by now - perhaps you can let us know what you think?

Here is a link that might be useful: sealy posturepedic reviews

• mnes_comcast_net
    13 years ago

We purchased two of these....in four months the sides buckled and the spot where we slepted greatly sagged. One would have thought that these mattresses were 15 yrs old and they were only 4 months old! We purchased them because of the Sealy Posturpedic name but these do not hold up to the Sealy Posturpedic reputation. We would recommend to stay away. You get what you pay for with these. They are not worth the discounted price at Costco. The quality is greatly lacking.

• Barb Arriola
    9 years ago

Outstanding bed! I've had it since 2007 and it's still in new condition. I'm moving and the King size is too big for my smaller new master. I like this Sealy so much I purchased a queen size for my new place.

• PRO
    V-Dub Furniture Store In Arizona
    9 years ago

Posturepedic mattresses can be bought in four different support/comfort
    levels. The site below has a list of the different Sealy Posturepedic
    mattresses and their available comfort levels and sizes.