Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
the Sealy Posturepedic 'Belmont' from Costco?

Posted by lenvt (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 10, 07 at 11:59

Hello--

Has anyone out there purchased the Sealy Posturepedic "Belmont" from Costco? It's going on sale soon and will be about $470 for the set. It has:

"An ultra plush, comfortable memory foam sleep surface that conforms to the body. A softer feel than the firm, but not as soft as a pillowtop."

They say this is "1 " x " Convoluted Memory Foam" (?) as well as various other Sealy foams.

I have had a mastectomy and have an implant on one side, so stomach sleeping is not as comfortable as it used to be. I need a mattress that supports my hips for side sleeping but can accomodate the implant without having to hunch my back. (does that make sense? Implants don't squish. Sorry if TMI!)

We are also thinking of taking the Novafoam plunge, or possibly the build it yourself latex mattress they discuss on the what's the best mattress site.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Lenvt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: the Sealy Posturepedic 'Belmont' from Costco?

Hello,

I am looking at that bed as well since it has the memory foam pillow top. I found it for $579 on the costco online site. How did you find it for for $470?

Thanks,

Dan

Here is a link that might be useful: Costco

o

Hi Dan.

The price I have is with the coupon from the Costco coupon savings booklet they mailed to me. You should be able to get one at the store. It's $599.99 regularly, the coupon is for $120.00 off so the total is 469.99. The coupon must be used between Jan 22 and Feb 4th. It is also available at the special order Kiosk as item number 153732. The online price includes delivery, so that may be the difference.

I've since learned that the memory foam is not the top layer, but several layers deep. I tried out what was, to me, a comprable model --same coil count, brand and the convoluted memory foam-- at a mattress dealer and found it to be very firm. No different in feel to me than other innerspring without memory foam.

Good luck with it. I'm still figuring it all out and may go with a full on memory foam, poss, the Novafoam.

Lenvt

o

Hey Lenvt,

Thanks for the info I appreciate it. Good luck with your search.

Dan

o

I purchased this mattress in August 2007. At first it was great, supportive and firm yet soft and comfortable on top. However, it has not held up to normal wear. After only 15 months, it is sagging and the soft top appears to have compacted. My body parts (shoulders, arms, hips) quickly go numb after lying in the same position.

One of the worst things about this mattress is the partner disturbance. When your partner gets up or gets into bed or turns over every little motion is not only felt but magnified 10 times. I swear I feel like I'm on a boat sometimes. It's so bad we're afraid to roll over in bed for fear of waking each other up.

I would steer clear of this one despite the good price. Maybe for a guest bedroom that gets little use but this one is not good for a master bedroom.

o

The Sealy Posturepedic Belmont "Ultra Plush" is not a particularly firm mattress. If you require more support you may want to consider something like the Reserve series of mattresses (these are the entry level Posturepedics) and perhaps a "cushion firm" level of support. Posturepedic mattresses can be bought in four different support/comfort levels. The site below has a list of the different Sealy Posturepedic mattresses and their available comfort levels and sizes. However the price you have indicated is indeed fairly good. You've probably bought it by now - perhaps you can let us know what you think?

Here is a link that might be useful: sealy posturepedic reviews

o

We purchased two of these....in four months the sides buckled and the spot where we slepted greatly sagged. One would have thought that these mattresses were 15 yrs old and they were only 4 months old! We purchased them because of the Sealy Posturpedic name but these do not hold up to the Sealy Posturpedic reputation. We would recommend to stay away. You get what you pay for with these. They are not worth the discounted price at Costco. The quality is greatly lacking.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here