Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hickory White Upholstery vs Macy's McCreary Modern

Posted by kimidz24 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 5, 11 at 11:29

Help! I have found 2 sectionals that I really like. I am looking for a very comfortable sectional (oversized/deep) for our great room. We have a teen and a toddler.

The first is a Hickory White Great Room Collection- series 1800. It has the spring down cushions (which from this forum is very good). The best price I found was around $5600 from Lexington.

http://www.hickorywhite.com/catalog_detail.php?id=581&model=T1800-32+/+-33#

The second set I found at Macy's. I was told it was made by McCreary Modern. It is the Doss Series. I've tried to research this on the forum- but most of the posts are over a year old or more. I also do not know how it is made- I need to ask more questions at the store. This set prices out around $4100 (with 2 year zero interest financing- which is a huge bonus!).

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=252704&CategoryID=35392

What are your thoughts? Is the Hickory White that much better for $1500 more? I've tried to post pictures to this post- but it won't work. Any recent advice/opinions on McCreary quality?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hickory White Upholstery vs Macy's McCreary Modern

I saw your post and was not sure if you had made your purchase yet but thought I would answer anyway. I was the
cutting and sewing supr. for Hickory White Uph. in High
Point before it was moved to Morganton 2 yrs. ago. I purchased a large ottoman from the 1800 series to go with
my Motioncraft furniture which is also made by Sherrill Furn. I have seven grandchildren who have jumped, rolled, pushed around this piece for the last 10 yrs. and it still
is in great condition and looks well. When I transferred back to the Morganton plant I sold it due to a smaller room
in our apt. My sofa and two leather recliners from Motioncraft have really held up well over the years and they have never been reupholstered and the fabric on the sofa still looks great. Sherrill Furniture owns Hickory White and Motioncraft and I think you will find all their furniture is made well in addition to looking very stylish.
I am a comsumer of their product not just an employee and I
think you would be very pleased with the quality of work that they produce.

o
RE: Hickory White Upholstery vs Macy's McCreary Modern

Hickory White is a great line (yes made in the Sherrill plant) Cannot go wrong. I would not be swayed by Macy's free interest. What little interest you do not pay pales to the benefit of getting well made upholstry like from Sherrill.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here