Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
opinions -Palliser leather sofa

Posted by tjutz (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 1, 11 at 10:47

I am trying to do research for a good quality, midpriced leather sofa and have come across the Palliser brand from Winnipeg, Manitoba. The seat cushions are stitched to the back and bottom - is this a negative feature? How about Palliser quality and longevity - any thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: opinions -Palliser leather sofa

We've had three sets of Palliser sofas all purchased new. Two of them had the back cushions stitched on or permanently attached but the seat cushions were only attached with elastic straps. One was a recliner set so all was permanently attached. While we liked the quality of the leather, in each case I was ready to replace the set after about 4 years because it lost it's firmness. I like a firmer sofa. They were all super comfy to lay on or curl up to read a book & watch TV, but less so to just sit on and visit. The elastic straps on the seats allowed them to slide out a bit. We recently purchased a Flexsteel sectional off Craigslist. Time will tell what we think of it. We're also looking at a Flexsteel South Street sofa.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here