Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Living Room Layout (Sofa/Sectional Options)

Posted by smallhousebigideas (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 22, 13 at 10:37

We're redoing the furniture in our small living room and wondering which option would work best. Attached pic shows current layout and dimensions. Which layout would you choose?

1) L-Shaped 99" x 99" Sectional along blue and red lines

-part of the sectional by the window would block a heating vent. we're already blocking one (that we closed) with the tv stand...
-too big visually?

2) Sofa + chair by window (current layout)
-if we went this route, is there room for a second chair across from the one by the window?

3) Sofa + loveseat
-seems like it'd be even "bigger" than the sectional option since the pieces couldn't be flush to the corner of the room

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Living Room Layout (Sofa/Sectional Options)

I think that I would hesitate to block both heat vents and access to open and close the windows or blinds. That is one fabulous window. What a feature!
What about a sofa with a small left chaise placed where the media console is now? It would be like a sectional, but would not come down past the heat vent or block the window as much.
I like your current arrangement too. It looks like there may be room for another chair.

o
RE: Help with Living Room Layout (Sofa/Sectional Options)

I think the sofa and a pair of chairs would work well although you could use a small corner sectional 99 by 99 and get a defelector for the heating register to defelect the heat outward if you have room for the deflector.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here