Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celiaanne

How to Post a Picture ?

celiaanne
17 years ago

Hi, I would like to post a picture (on this forum) of an entertainment center that I like, but I can't remember its brand, etc., with the hope someone can help identify it.

But, I can't remember how to do this. The picture is stored in "My Pictures" on my computer.

Thank you!

Comments (8)

• moonshadow
    17 years ago

Hi celianne,
    You need a free online photo storage album. Photobucket is good.

Once you have an account established, in Photobucket, below "Upload Images and Videos" click on the "Browse" tab.

You'll get a "File Upload" screen. To the right of the "Look in" box at the top of that screen is a small downward arrow. Use that to navigate to the folder on your computer that stores the photo. (If you'd rather see thumbnails - miniatures of photos- rather than file names: to the far right of the "Look In" box you;ll see several small icons. The last one is the View icon. Click on it, and from the dropdown menu choose "Thumbnail". Now when you're navigating your folders for photos you'll see small Thumbnail images rather than just the photos titles.)

When you have the photo located on your computer, double-click on it.

The "File Upload" screen will close and you'll be back at your Photobucket page. You should see the name of your photo in the "Upload Images and Videos" box.

Below that is the "Upload" tab, click on that.

Once your photo is uploaded, you'll see 3 lines below it: URL Link, HTML Tag, and IMG Code. Copy the string of text in the box behind "HTML Tag" and paste it in your post here.

If you want to test before posting here, there's a Test Forum here.

Almost forgot, photo size. To make sure your photo is not too large for a post on the web, etc., you can resize it either on your computer or in Photobucket. If you opt to resize it on your computer, simply open the photo in your photo edit software, use the Resize command and keep the pixels below 600. Or you can resize it once it's loaded to Photobucket. Click on "Edit" above your photo in Photobucket. At the next page, click on the "Resize" command above your photo. Choose the option (Website, Email..).

Think that covers it, hope that helps rather than confuses ;)

• laura1202
    17 years ago

If your pics are already on your computer, you don't necessarily need an online photo storage album.

I use Image Shack, a free image hosting service (see link below). Click on "Browse", and you can access the location on the pictures on your computer from the dropdown. Find the pic you want and click "Open". Make sure and check "resize image" (I use 640 x 480, for message boards), then click "host it". (It may take a minute for your picture to load.) When you see a thumbnail of your pic, copy and paste the html string for the pic that shows up in the "Hotlink for WEBsites" box into your post. Then when you preview your message on GardenWeb before clicking "Submit" you should see your picture imbedded in your post.

HTH! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Image Shack

• dorry2
    17 years ago

Moonshadow, thank you for your explicit, easy to understand directions. Having just bought my first digital (took years to figure out which one I wanted and always walked out of the store confused and overwhelmed)and being very tech-challenged, I so appreciate your directions. I did a test last night and it worked. Now if I could only figure out how to download a whole folder of pictures without resorting to the online storage browsers or dowload programs (flock, kodak easyshare). Am concerned about spyware and just messing up my computer.

But you are the best, THANK YOU

• celiaanne
    Original Author
    17 years ago

moonshadow, THANK YOU for taking the time to detail the instructions. I did open a photobucket account, but I wasn't successful in my first attempt to post.

Laura, THANKS to you too. I will give your method a try.

The good news is I did find the manufacturer of the entertainment center. But, I am going to save the instructions as I am sure I will need them shortly.

Sheila

• moonshadow
    17 years ago

You're both quite welcome ;)

Now if I could only figure out how to download a whole folder of pictures without resorting to the online storage browsers or dowload programs (flock, kodak easyshare). Am concerned about spyware and just messing up my computer.

dorry, I'm not sure what you mean by 'download a whole folder of pictures' (from PC to web, camera to PC?). If you want to send me an email (click on my user ID) I'll see what I can do to help.

• quiltlady37
    17 years ago

Thanks I will give it a try.

• rhonda2007
    16 years ago

I hope I did this right - I've never posted a picture before...I read here alot, and enjoy everyones' talents very much. One day I hope to house my house together enough to post pictures!

I am trying to find a bookshelf/curio cabinet like the ones flanking this desk for my DD. She loves shabby chic style and desperately needs more store - I've looked all over google and can't seem to find anything similar.

She has a very similar vanity from Target(smaller) but a rather small room -

Thanks to anyone who can help!

[URL=http://img392.imageshack.us/my.php?image=curiocabinetrd0.jpg][IMG]http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/2635/curiocabinetrd0.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

• rhonda2007
    16 years ago

My apologies - I really didn't do that very well. I'll try again in a new post.

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022