Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dupontessa

webbing acceptable in a $2,600 sofa?

dupontessa
13 years ago

I have a feeling I already know what the answer is going to be, but I'm hoping for better! After lots of research and looking for a sofa, so far the one I like most is Drexel Heritage's "Avalon," a Chesterfield-inspired sofa (tight back, tight/bench seat, button tufting on the seat & interior of the back & sides) in a fabric upholstery. We have tried out so many and it's such a good combo of the look we're after, the way we are planning to use it, and the way we want it to feel. Supposedly retails for $3,500, on sale til this Sunday for $2,600 not including delivery etc. I went home and went online to see if I could learn anymore about it, and it says the seat platform is webbed. I couldn't believe it -- but should I perhaps be paying more attention to what's inside the bench-seat cushioning rather than what's underneath it? It doesn't say Pirelli webbing, it just says "Webbed seating platform," and I see no info elsewhere on the site about what's in the cushions. I love this sofa but don't want to buy something that I will regret. Please let me know what you think!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County