Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mimilaroo

Help! Will this couch fit??!!

mimilaroo
10 years ago

We are trying to find a couch to fit through our basement door that is 29" wide. We have found the Pearce couch at Pottery Barn. it's a "make your own" sectional and we want to buy 3 components that are separate pieces- the right arm loveseat (74" w x 41" d x 38" h- the height is actually only 29 inches with the feet and cushions off), the left arm chaise (37" w x 70" d x 38" h- same height of 29 with the feet off and without the cushions), and the armless chair (32" w x 41" d x 38" h-same height of 29 with the feet off and without the cushions). Pottery Barn has told us that we need at least 30 inches to get the couch in, but I think if it comes in standing on it's end, it will fit. The height of our doorway is 80 inches. The couch is delivered with the legs removed and the cushions are on the couch but the whole couch is wrapped in plastic upon delivery. We have had furniture delivered in the past from Pottery Barn.
The door is at ground level and the furniture would be delivered straight through the door. There are no stairs or sharp turns. The couch would go straight through the door, down a hallway and into the room it is intended for- the hallway is 35 or so inches, so getting down the hallway should not be a problem. I am trying to figure out if we can turn it on it's end and sort of rotate it in. Thoughts? I need an answer by late afternoon today before the sale is over!

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to couch we want to buy

Comments (3)