Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cost to recover a sofa

Posted by kwajkid (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 22, 14 at 10:04

I have a good quality Lay z Boy from the old days, 96".

We are are reaching the point of recover or replace, I'm wondering what the cost to recover would be? The cushions are in desperate need of replacing, they have almost totally broken down.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cost to recover a sofa

It really depends where you are but with new cushions could be $1000. The person who does reupholstery for us says it's really not worth reupholstering newer furniture - it's not built to last, and it's cheaper to replace. You might look at Lazy Boy, Jennifer, etc and see if there's something you like for less.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here