Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teal123_gw

Leather-look blended sofa?

teal123
9 years ago

We are shopping for a new sofa. We have 2 cats and a dog. We wanted leather, but haven't found anything in leather that we like. We did find a sofa that states it is "leather-look blended" and is made of 90% polyester and 10% polyurethane. It actually looks better than the leather one that was next to it in the show room. (You can view it on Raymore & Flannigan's website - it's the Dowling sectional.) I am concerned about it not being leather though - how will it hold up? Anyone have advice on this type of fabric? Thanks!

Comments (2)

• PRO
    iCustomSofa
    9 years ago

Im sure it looks and feels like real leather, but its not. And the price should reflect this as well as the quality and how long it will last. Nothing comes close to matching real top grain leather.

• freethinker99
    9 years ago

In my opinion it will not hold up with a cat. You would be better off as suggested by rmanbike to purchase a sofa made from real leather and in my opinion I would purchase a heavy duty wax pull up leather where scratches rub out and the leather already has a distressed appearance. I know this maybe more than you want to spend on a sofa but in the long run it will probably outlast the other material four to one.