Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is 34' too tall for a night stand? +Stanley Furniture

Posted by lauren0319 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 8, 11 at 9:42

Ooops- accidently also posted this on "home decorating" ;)

I am very close to purchasing the Stanley City Club bedroom set- king barrister bed, dresser w/ mirror, Oxford chest and 2 "night stands."
The night stands that come with the set are pretty wide and I do not think my room is wide enough. They would fit, but would be wall-to-wall. So I'm thinking of purchasing the "telephone stands" and using them as night stands.

http://www.greatpricedfurniture.com/products/24091.html

They are only 2 inches taller but a whole 10" thinner than the City Club night stands.
The foot board on the bed is 32" tall and these night stands are 34" tall. WDYT?

fwiw- I've got the set priced from Basista Furniture for $5,900, delivered and set-up.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stanley City Club

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is 34' too tall for a night stand? +Stanley Furniture

Was your link to Stanley City Club supposed to show a pic of the bed or the stands, or what?

The foot board on the bed is 32" tall and these night stands are 34" tall. WDYT?
But how tall is the headboard?

o
RE: Is 34' too tall for a night stand? +Stanley Furniture

I linked the collection. The headboard is 68". So it's plenty tall. I guess I was concerned that it might look odd w/ the night-stands being 2" taller than the footboard.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here