Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carolina Custom Leather - Any Opinions?

Posted by newenglandgarden (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 23, 14 at 9:37

Hi, new here, hoping someone has some advice. I have been looking for a leather chesterfield that would be the same look but better quality than the ones at Pottery Barn. Carolina Custom Leather makes one I like and it costs less than the Hancock and Moore, McKinley, and Whittemore-Sherrill versions. Our local furniture dealer says it is equal in quality, but it's a new company and I can't find ANY reviews online. We won't be able to see any of the sofas in person and I'm nervous. Has anyone ordered from them before? Or is anyone willing to take a look at the website and tell me whether you'd feel comfortable taking a flyer on an unknown company? We just want a comfortable, nice-looking sofa that will last a long time and hold up to kids - I don't need the absolute "best." Thanks!
http://www.ccleather.com/index.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carolina Custom Leather - Any Opinions?

NewEnglandGarden, I think the best way to look at your potential purchase is to review the construcion methods of the sofa. Examine the frame construction, spring construction, cushions, leather quality and tailoring. If it all looks good and the price is right it is probably worth considering.

o

Thanks. There are multiple brands that all seem to have the same construction - 8 way hand-tied springs, dowels, made in the USA etc. But Hancock and Moore costs so much more. Is that just marketing?

o

Newenglandgarden Hancock and Moore makes a very nice product but they are very expensive. I suppose as in anything else in life they get what they can based on the perception of their product in the mind of the consumer.

o

Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here