Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ultrasuede brand Microfiber- anyone with experience?

Posted by labbie (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 12, 09 at 6:52

After sitting on what seems like a million sofas, we found the best comfort, for us, in an American Leather brand "Morgan". Since we don't want leather for various reasons, the only other choice is Ultrasuede.

We love the appearance and the feel of it, but are nervous because the only other microfibers we've seen, although on lower/low end brands leave those 'marks' so you can see everyplace you've sat- probably has something to do with the weave?

Is Ultrasuede as durable as they say? We have a dog and 2 cats and will really be living on this sofa. Thanks for any and all input.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ultrasuede brand Microfiber- anyone with experience?

We had two living room sofas recovered in grey ultrasuede 10 years ago and they still look beautiful. Yes, sitting leaves some marks (that you can brush away) but that doesn't bother me. The fabric is strong, beautiful, and releases stains beautifully. (We don't have pets or young kids, however.)

o
RE: Ultrasuede brand Microfiber- anyone with experience?

Hey labbie--
I don't know if you will ever see this, or especially in the next two days...but I'll try anyway.

My wife and I are considering a morgan sofa in microfiber. Our concern is that the more classic styling of the sofa wont work well in the more modern look of the microfiber. So I'm wondering if you went this route, how its worked out, how it looks, etc. Bonus points if you can get me a photo!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here