Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bchabino_gw

Opinion of company named Best Home Furnishings

bchabino
11 years ago

Went shopping for new family room furniture and my husband has fallen in love with these leather power sofas and loveseats. I have searched the internet for information on Best Home Furnishings and haven't found many comments so I was hoping to get some feedback here. We do like the fact that the furniture is made in the US (Indiana). We were also looking at Palliser but there is quite a bit of negative feedback on them online. Perhaps this is just the problem people but the rest are all satisfied.

I appreciate your help!

Comments (10)

• freethinker99
    11 years ago

Actually in the popular price range I think Palliser offers a pretty good selection and product.

The bulk of the product has a plywood frame and a no sag spring seat but the selection of styles is good, the tailoring is good and they have a wide selection of mostly protected and semi aniline dyed leathers with tight back cushions. They do offer a step up line with drop in coil units and loose back cushions and they may have a step up cushion on these as well. They also offer some full aniline dyed leathers.

The product is made in Mexico and Canada. One problem, it is very hard to get factory service as you can't really ship something back to Canada or Mexico so I would address this with your retailer.The manufacturer doesn't seem to have adequately addressed this issue.

You can buy a fairly nice leather sofa for $1000 to $1500 that should last an average amount of time for most sofas of 5-7 years and with care could last longer.

Best furniture started out making chairs and then moved to sofas. In the medium price range they used to be considered a very hot line. I haven't kept up with them lately. During the recession they kept a lot of stores in business and medium priced retailers loved them.

• HU-201342328
    4 years ago

Thanks to all for the truth concerning ''WORST HOME FURNISHINGS" . With this many bad reviews , I would never buy from these jerks. My two new sofas and two recliners are now ordered from reputable real American Craftsman. Hopefully this pos company fails soon.

• PRO
    Lane Office
    3 years ago

Disposable Furniture! I have been in the furniture business for 41 years. Granted, I've worked for High End manufacturers, but I'd been given the impression that Best Home Furnishings had a quality product. I purchased my 2 electric recliners in Sept/Oct. 2017 and because it has been in my barely used home since the pandemic, we were shocked to see the faux leather cracking and peeling away.

I called the manufacturer to find out whose material this was, but Pat said that they do not have that fabric anymore. It was discontinued in Dec. 2017. She still couldn't tell me the vendor for the faux leather, which was extremely upsetting because at the least, since our chairs were past the warranty, I'd go after the textile company that produced the faux leather.

I next went back to JC Penney, who we purchased the chairs from. Their response was that

we should have purchased the extended warranty for the chairs.

I plan on bombarding the internet wherever I can, to relay this message, to warn people of the horrific experience we've all had.

I realize, and I'm sorry that BHF doesn't realize that this is a textile issue, not a quality of their mechanics in their product. They should have gone after the textile company, as soon as they started receiving these complaints and sent us a recall notice- along with a gift certificate towards replacements.

That's the way, a truly service oriented Quality Company should have reacted!

Instead this leaves us all calling Best Home Furnishings a company that sells Disposable Furniture!

• HU-237744658
    3 years ago

Tried calling BHF when a spring fell from the power headrest. Cannot call BHF w/ warranty issue - all communications are by email. They confirmed chair is still under warranty but told us to report the issue to the seller. We notified the seller and gave him our local dealer #. Have not heard anything in over a week. Sent 2nd email to BHF to inquire about payment for repair - their response was that this was between us and the seller. One of the worse companies we've ever dealt with in terms of customer service!

• Jennie G
    2 years ago

Stay away!! Horrible product, nonexistent customer service.

• Jennie G
    2 years ago

This is what happened to our sofa after 5 years, with barely any use. It is peeling everywhere. I don’t care that it was beyond the one year warranty period. When you pay over $1000 for a reclining sofa, this should not happen. At the very least, customer service should care that this is what is happening to their product. I’ve had many people ask me what brand this is so that they can make sure to stay away from buying anything they produce.

• Tom Austin
    2 years ago

I bought a recliner electric broke in 8 months was told 6 to 8 weeks to get the part to fix do not recommend this product us can't find the co.pzny

• ROBERT MOORE
    2 years ago

I bought a best home Furnishings recliner 2 years ago and the mechanism broke. I way 150 lbs, I'm the only one that sits in it. They refused to honor the warranty because a tag was missing from underneath it. There was no evidence there had ever been a tag attached to it. Instead of honoring the lifetime warranty on the mech. They charged me $200 for a replacement I installed my self.

• ralph treglia
    last year
    last modified: last year

My 129 lbs mother bought a granite colored Faux Leather electric recliner in 2015. The upper part of the headrest is peeling. I called and like I figured, the guarantee had expired in 2020. 5 years use by someone 1/2 the weight recommendation, and the colored "skin" layer is peeling off, $678 + $129 Guardsman Warranty. $807.99 and this piece of s%#t recliner is ready for the dump. STAY AWAY FROM BEST HOME FURNISHING PRODUCTS. GARBAGE. In previous reviews a Class Action Lawsuit was mentioned, PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH ME, I WANT IN ON THAT.