Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flexsteel Las Cruces line?

Posted by alygal (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 2, 12 at 1:57

We have an older fabric Flexsteel (1991)sofa which we've been pleased with. Am retiring that couch to a guest room so thought we would look for another or a sofa in a similar mid-range line. We are looking at the Flexsteel Las Cruces line because we like the 'mission' style it offers. That is the look we want for our living room.

We have two large dogs; a Doberman and a German Shepard. They are indoor dogs and yes, they love to cuddle on the couch with us. We are looking at leather that can take some use and develop a patina.

Wondering if others are finding that microfiber is better with large dogs as some have indicated in this forum...I'd really prefer leather. Durability and the 'mission' or craftsman style are the priorities we are looking for in a new couch. budget...about 2000.00. We are in WA state if that makes a difference.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flexsteel Las Cruces line?

Oh, and can anyone tell me if this particular Flaxsteel line is made in China or here in the USA?
I prefer to buy US made furniture.

o
RE: Flexsteel Las Cruces line?

I am not certain about that particular product made by Flexsteel, but I thought I would comment on Microfiber vs leather. As far as fabric goes mircofiber is easy to maintain. Most microfibers are dry clean only but I have had luck cleaning up spots with a mile soapy solution and a warm hair dryer. It looks good and it is less costly then leather. Over the long run leather is probably a better value as it will last must longer than fabric particularly with the dogs. It is also easier to clean. The only issue might be finding a sofa such as the one you have described in leather in the $2000 range. Regarding where the style you are interested in is made you might want to give Flexsteel a call.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here