Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sjorstad

Omnia leather furniture

sjorstad
9 years ago

We have seen a sofa by Omnia that we like - for around $2,300 new with chaise-style recliners on both ends and lumber cushion in the back, zippers on all cushions.

Haven't seen many consumer reviews on Omnia but they use a solid hardwood frame and all topgrain aniline leathers, so I'm inclined to think it's a solid midgrade quality.

Anyone have Omnia? Are you happy with how it's held up? Is their customer service good if you've had issues?

Here is a link that might be useful: Omnia

Comments (16)

• PRO
    iCustomSofa
    9 years ago

This from a local retailer, online??

• sjorstad
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi rmanbike, that's the price we were given at Flemington Dept. Store in Flemington, NJ. I had seen a separate post by someone else suggesting that location for mid-grade furniture and we wanted to check out Omnia.

I really liked the overall comfort, and it fit me (I'm 5'5") and my 6-ft tall boys well. I liked the traditional rolled arms and hubby liked the pub-back for lumbar support.

According to Omnia: "All our mechanisms are provided by Leggett and Platt. Our frames are alder wood and plywood they are corner blocked, glued and stapled."

Is alder wood considered an acceptable wood for furniture? Should we be concerned about the stapling? I know the best furniture does not staple, but will it be durable for 10-15 years? This is for a piece that will be used daily in our family room. Four teens, but they are not particularly hard on furniture.

We can afford to spend up to $3,000 on a well made sofa... but we would expect something that is better made than Flexsteel or Broyhill or another lower mid-grade piece.

What are your thoughts?

• freethinker99
    9 years ago

In my opinion Alderwood is an acceptable wood for frame construction. They say it is mixed with plywood and I wonder how much plywood is used in the frame. They don't really say what kind of spring system is used other than saying it is steel. It would be interesting to know how they make their spring suspension. They do have a good warranty and a nice assormtent of frames, upholstery and leather.

• None Ofyourbusiness
    9 years ago

Bump

• designergrey
    9 years ago

I recently bought two city craft sofas from Omnia through leatherfurnitureexpo.com in softy gray leather. I have also owned a Omnia leather sectional that we had about 8 years and it held up well as well. The leather is butter soft and thick and both sofas arrived without any flaws. Now that we are on Houzz you can see photos of both sofas in my projects.

• PRO
    V-Dub Furniture Store In Arizona
    9 years ago

It would be interesting to know how they make their spring suspension.
    They do have a good warranty and a nice assormtent of frames, upholstery
    and leather.

• tomcircle
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I agree with freethinker99, Alderwood is an acceptable wood for frame construction. They say it is mixed with plywood and I wonder how much plywood is used in the frame. They do have a good warranty and a nice assormtent of frames, upholstery and leather.

brentwood home 13 inch gel hd memory foam mattress is the most recommended one. Memory foam mattresses are medically advised to get rid of back pain issues.

• Mar Forr
    8 years ago

I have been to the huge Omnia factory in Southern California. The Omnia website shows exactly how their sofas are made. Alder wood is used in California and the western states. It is a wonderful hard wood for many uses including kitchen cabinets. The website says they use a "hardwood" frame but does not say it is 100% hardwood so that might mean it has plywood in the frame. They do not use 8 way hand tied springs. They also use petroleum polyurethane foam in their products. Many sofas sold by Arizona Leather stores in California are made by Omnia.

• journey8000
    7 years ago

I purchased Omnia reclining sofa love set chair no one around me carried it so I googled found Tarpon in Fl when it came in we sat down and there wasn't enough sitting space but was told when the leather softens it would get better then the recliners would pop open when sitting or just walking by plus it's still hard like a Rock Uncomfortable the foot rest hits mid calf so it's painful...Till Today I have gotten NO Help Tarpon furniture has not Called or helped after they make a sale no returns so they wont help I would Never Shop there again They are Horrible! Omnia Is No Help either To find out Tarpon sold me a set made for Short Stature people it's like sitting on a child's seat. Omnia feels People don't have the Right to Know...over five thousand dollars and I'm sitting on the floor in my 60's it's more Comforable....Don't buy from Omnia or Tarpon in Fl.. Nightmare..

• Colleen T
    3 years ago

I thought I'd chime in, even though this is an old thread. It may help those people looking for leather furniture. I am fairly certain that Arizona Leather (California) sells Omnia. leather furniture. We bought a beautiful sectional from Arizona last year and it is so comfortable, looks to be high quality, has a good warranty and the leather is soft (you can choose from many different types and colors. We are very very happy with Arizona Leather (Omnia) that we are buying another from them for a 2nd home we just purchased. I recommend with no reserve.

• Rachel Ann's
    3 years ago

We bought an Omnia sectional about a year and half ago, and I'd say we are less than impressed. The leather is nice, but the cushions on the back are already getting saggy, and require "fluffing." The velcro to hold our loose cushions is so loud we had to put fabric over the velcro so that they don't make noise every time someone shifts (defeating the point of the velcro). The frame has been squeaky since they day we got it and we are still working to see if this can be resolved. The leather at the top/back of the back cushions does not go down far enough so that the backing fabric can be seen from the rear of the couch, our couch floats in the the great room so this is less than ideal. At this point I kinda wish Omnia or the dealer would just take it back. So while their warranty may appear great when issues arise be prepared for a long process to get things resolved (hopefully). The details of this couch leave a bit to be desired.

• Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
    2 years ago

Any updates on Omnia couches or loveseats or how they wear and hold up? Do the motorized elements break?

• designergrey
    2 years ago

Ours still look good. Purchased in 2015 and recently moved to a new house and sat on everyday.

• designergrey
    2 years ago

Forgot to mention that we don’t have motorized but the sofa by the window is a sleeper. I just pulled it out to clean not too long ago and it still works fine.

• Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Thank you both! I did order a couch and loveseat and this is reassuring. The backup until ours gets here is 9 months. We chose Silk Fumo leather, designer, and it looks somewhat like yours.