Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vampiressrn_gw

Beds & Bad Backs

vampiressrn
14 years ago

I have had a very bad back for over 30 years. Protruding discs...blah blah blah...I won't bore you with the details. There have been several times in the past when I woke up in severe pain and ended up in the ED. 3 years ago I bought a new home and prepared for my move over several months. I did not have a King Sized bed at the time so bought one in advance with lots of other furniture and stored it close to the new digs. The bed I bought was an off-white linen sleigh bed and it came with 2 side tables and a couple of lamps...package deal from Spiegel. So I also was shopping for mattresses, tried the Tempur-Pedic and fell in love with it, so bought it to have it delivered to my new home. I guess I didn't pay close attention to the bed description, because when the movers set it up and put the mattresses in it I was shocked. I expected a regular height but it was a high bed (had to get a step stool to climb in). Well...that has turned out to be a blessing for my back. First of all, the Tempur-Pedic is wonderful and I sleep so much better in it than any other bed I have ever used. The amazing thing though is the height. I do have to use a step to get in which is not a problem, but getting out is so easy on the back. You are in a full standing position when you get out, so no more painful leaning forward and straining to stand. If you have a bad back, I highly suggest trying a Tempur-Pedic or other high quality mattress and definitely the high bed.

Comments (3)