Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gilmoregal

Who Makes Quality Recliners Anymore?

gilmoregal
13 years ago

My husband and I have been happy with our older Barcalounger recliners, but they have seen better days. We considered having them reupholstered, but we are concerned that it would cost as much or more than purchasing new ones. And we would have no guarantee that they would be as comfortable after reupholstering. So we are searching for new ones. Our first thought was to look at new Barcaloungers, but all of the dealers in our area have gone out of business. And the Barcalounger website gives no phone number/email to contact them. So we are left to pursue other brands. Can anyone recommend other recliner brands which are well made? Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments (2)

• Brent B
    13 years ago

We bought Bradington-Young push-back recliners, the 4114 in grade 3 leather.
    I would suggest that they fit 5' 8" or taller people, but our friend does a bee line to one of them as soon as she comes in the door, and she's only 5' 4".

The seat sits fairly soft, I would have preferred a harder cushion, but the back is soft as well and I do like the back, you sink into it.

• bobismyuncle
    13 years ago

Barcalounger went out of business last spring. As of November, there was some talk of a venture capitialist firm buying assets and reopening. I've not heard any news since then. My inquiries via the web site went to the black hole.

But I'd second the recommendation on the Bradington-Young. I put a new mech on a 4114 for a customer that had a 20 year old one and was very happy to have his baby back. Of course, B-Y had a perfectly compatible mech for repair.

One of the service managers I work with has been in the furniture business for 30 years and she says B-Y is her first choice in recliners.