Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
does anyone know of good quality sofa and recliners

Posted by tyranodette (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 4, 11 at 0:06

My wife wants a new living room sofa and pair of recliners. I want them to last more then just a few year. We agree that we do not want leather. I have looked at Ashley but ruled them out as I heard horror stories about the quality, I looked at Thomasville but don't want something made in China with questionable quality, I looked at Flexsteel. Are there better options for that are American made. Salesmen here don't say where the product is made and according to them, anything that is in their showroom is top quality.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: does anyone know of good quality sofa and recliners

I have always liked to buy Ethan Allen Furniture for their quality. In fact we bought a couple of chairs almost 30 years ago that I have decided to recover rather than buy new.

I bought most of our furniture about that time and all is holding up except for the upholstry (I have 3 cats and a dog) and I have never been disappointed.

o

"Salesmen here don't say where the product is made and according to them, anything that is in their showroom is top quality." ... and all the children are above average.

I would be careful rating current products based on experience with those purchased years ago. Many manufacturers have squeezed price points by lowering quality and/or have closed US plants and sent production off-shore.

I think you have a right to ask where a product is made. I have a chair in the shop now proudly stating "Built in the USA," but if you look elsewhere you see "Manufactured in Malaysia." This means someone in the US took it out of a flat box and assembled it with a few bolts.

o

Love my leather "recliners" by Bradington and Young!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here