Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juliamontgomery_gw

Anyone order from Furniture Ordering Direct?

JuliaMontgomery
12 years ago

Does anyone else on here order from Furniture Ordering Direct? I bought my dining chairs from these guys years ago and got amazing service at a price I could afford. I am thinking about ordering a Hancock and Moore recliner and just wondered if anyone has had experience ordering upholstery online? I know they can send leather samples but is Hancock and Moore good quality? There are a few companies selling online with some pretty bad reviews so I wouldnt feel comfortable ordering from anywhere else-is it ok to ship leather?

Comments (8)

• freethinker99
    12 years ago

As far as Furniture Ordering Direct I am never heard of them.

As far as Hancock and Moore there is a lot of information online about this company and that they are a top quality product although one of the most expensive. If you have considered this company you must have some knowledge of them so I wonder why you would ask this question.

As far as bad reviews. Keep in mind that a retailer can have 100 happy customers and 2 unhappy customers and the unhappy customers are often the ones that will post negative reviews. Also keep in mind that with social media in general anyone can say anything about anyone and in doing so they may have other motives about writing a poor review.

As far as Hancock and Moore they are a well established company and not everyone can become a retailer for them. If they have selected a retailer to represent them they are worthy of consideration. Contact the retailers that you might consider and make a judgement for yourself if you feel comfortable working with that company.

• JuliaMontgomery
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, I am definitely comfortable ordering with them- just didnt know if it was risky to ship nice leather furniture even with the white glove delivery service. I havent had the chance to sit in a HM piece yet but i read great things online. Has anyone seen document tobacco leather in person?

• freethinker99
    12 years ago

Regarding white glove delivery. From my research there are several good quality home delivery companies especially in North Carolina. One much mentioned is Sun Delivery of Thomasviile, NC among others. I would think the home delivery companies often time would provide superior delivery to that of some stores which may just have a high school kid on a truck. On the other hand if the local store has a well trained couple of seasoned drivers that have been with the store for years I am sure they too would do an excellent job as well. In most cases the home delivery companies will have trained professional divers with many years of experience. In most cases the drivers are responsible for their cargo so they tend to be extra careful. Ask your store about who delivers their furniture be it local or long distance and make that call for yourself.

• soccerdadvj
    12 years ago

Julia, we bought our living room sofa from furniture direct in October and they shipped it using Sun. They were on time and even vacuumed before leaving-they only deliver furniture so they know how to move things carefully.

• ruby4729
    12 years ago

can you tell me the exact name of the company youre asking about..I wanted to look them up online and there are several companies with similar names..Thanks

• wkate640
    12 years ago

I'm not sure if it's too late to respond, but I have two Hancock & Moore chairs that are now at least 20 years old, one leather and one fabric. They are both very well made and comfortable. They are in my family room, get used daily and still look like new.

• soccerdadvj
    12 years ago

rzoe, they are furniture ordering direct.(www.furnitureordering.com) We also just got a formal table and chairs delivered, so pretty!

Here is a link that might be useful: Furniture Ordering Direct

• rick25
    11 years ago

We felt the same way about ordering online but we could not find a local furniture store that sells the type of styles we liked. We found Bernadette Livingston furniture online and to be short we ordered some wonderful chairs and a sectional sofa and the entire experience was great and we ended up with products better than we expected to end up with when we started looking.