Return to the Football Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Michigan VS Ohio State

Posted by jdbillp (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 12, 06 at 9:05

OK, the table is set.

Saturday November 18, 2006 is the date of the latest "Game of the Century".

Michigan at Ohio State.

Number 2 versus Number 1.

Both teams are undefeated.

Who will win? What is your prediction?

Mine is Michigan 17 Ohio State 14.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Michigan VS Ohio State

Don't follow college football nowhere nearly as close as the NFL, but from what I've seen OSU is clearly the best team in the country right now. The fact that the game will be played in their backyard doesn't hurt either. My prediction:

Michigan 24
Ohio State 38

o

Well, now it looks like we may see "The Rematch".

USC laid an egg against UCLA so that puts them out of it.

It will be either Michigan or Florida playing Ohio State for the BCS Championship.

o

As I had mentioned after the original matchup in this thread, I just couldn't understand the logic why most everyone thought a rematch was such a bad thing. Now admittedly, I don't care either way for either team (my team laid a giant egg in the ACC championship game yesterday) but if the "experts" are saying that these are the best 2 teams in the country... then who cares if they have played each other once this season already???

It will be interesting to see which one will get to play in the big dance. I know I am dreaming here, but MAYBE this debate about who DESERVES to be #2 can eventually push this stooopid BCS system over the edge (which they have teetered for years but somehow avoided) for a MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more sensible and interesting playoff system in college football!

o

Florida gets the nod over Michigan to go to the BCS championship game.

I don't follow the logic here, either. Losing to Ohio State by 3 points must be worse than losing to Auburn by 10.

o

But Michigan losing to USC 32-18 is really bad.

Those of us who thought Michigan should have played Ohio State again have been proven wrong.

o

Looks like Ohio State shouldn't have been then either. Boise State, maybe?

o

Prediction for Saturday Nov 22, 2008.

OSU over UM 35-3.

o

Final score.

Michigan 7
Ohio St 42

Not a bad guess on my part.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Football Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here