Return to the Football Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lions vs Packers - Dec 1957

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 5, 06 at 17:48

Sorry, I just had a flashback! DH and I had just met (that's a whole other story) and as I visited him in the hospital, I was trying to think of a way to get him to kiss me. We were watching Detroit play Green Bay so I bet him a kiss the Lions would win! LOL....he just grinned. We were married in March, 1959.

SharonG/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lions vs Packers - Dec 1957

Well, it sounds like you won!

Are you two still fans?

o

Yes, I ended up being the winner of that one! lol We moved from Michigan to Indiana in 1983 and then to Florida in 1997. We still kinda keep tabs on the Lions along with the Colts.....Notre Dame, too. We get together with DD and her Floridan DH and watch the Buc's. There's a lot of shouting and fist waving but we're always there at the kick-off hoping to see a first-time run back!

SharonG/FL

o

Sharon, what a great story!

Marie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Football Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here