Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kntryhuman

Waterlox on hardwood

kntryhuman
10 years ago

I gutted and redid a Circa 1850's house 3 years ago. I put Brazillian Cherry 3/4" hardwood flooring in the house. I sanded it and put 3 coats of Waterlox. I followed the directions on line and given over the phone by paintsource.com......

The floors looked better than I could have ever hoped for. Many months later, we moved in. Before bringing the furniture in, I put felt pads on all the furniture legs/feet.

Every place the chair legs sit, it leaves a mark of the felt pads. It doesn't come up. If you pull an empty dining chair out to sit in, it leaves scratches.

My husband is in a wheelchair right now. The rubber tires on the wheelchair leave marks on the floor.

Anything pulled across the floor (not heavy) leaves marks on the floor.

During the first year of living in the house, I called paintsource and they told me it sounded like the Waterlox didn't dry???? I live in Louisiana. It's hot here. The house was empty. I followed the drying directions and we didn't move in for months after I did the floors.

About a month ago, I decided to sand and redo the floor in an empty bedroom with poly and I absolutely hate the look of plastic over the wood.

Has anyone had success with Waterlox on hardwood?

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong with the Waterlox? I want to redo the floors but can't put up with the scratches and marks left on the Waterlox. We don't wear shoes in the house and have no kids or pets in the house.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio