Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tanyaandallie_gw

Help choosing carpet - Smartstrand, Trusoft?

tanyaandallie
11 years ago

I'm looking for help choosing new carpet for our home. We are looking to replace approximately 2200 sq ft of carpet. I was dead set on some type of smartstrand carpet until I started reading some of the recent reports of vacuum issues. Are these issues with all forms of Smartstrand or with the newer Silk version? I'm very nervous about buying and then being very annoyed that my dyson does not work!

I have looked at a Karastan smartstrand carpet called Fulfillment and really liked it but it is more expensive than many of the others I have looked at. I have read (on hear I believe) that it is basically the same carpet as the smartstrand sold at Lowes which is much less expensive. Is this true?

We looked at the Lucky Star (Lowes) today and really liked it. I am also comparing a quote from a dealer that is the Horizon Collection, style Sevilla Island. The price is very similar to the Lucky Star quote. My big question there is, how do I compare the two? Are the similar? I have found info on Lucky Star online (twist, density, etc) but have found nothing on the HOrizon, Sevilla Island.

I would appreciate any info on the Sevilla Island carpet and on the vacuum issues. We looked at Trusoft carpet at Lowes today. It was more expensive but we liked it as well.

Comments (4)