Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annamastro

HELP with floor choice - Suggestions!

annamastro
10 years ago

We added a 30x30 addition to our home, 1st/2nd floor and basement. The first floor will house my new kitchen!!!, laundry room, pantry, powder room and large family room. The new kitchen is open to the "old" kitchen which will become the dining room in which we will eat all of our meals. We are replacing the floor in the old part from the front door, down the hall, into the dining room and into the new addition (half of the family room will be carpet, the other half near the deck doors will not be). There will be a side door into the laundry/mud room part of the addition. There are no doorways separating the laundry from the kitchen which is down a short hallway away.

We are a family of 7, children ages 14 to 3. Radiant heat in the addition. I love the idea of the LVP but am terrified of all the horrible reviews it gets considering it's almost 1000 sf we'll be installing. My dad put it in his new home but he is 76 and will not have 5 children running all over it!

I need low maintenance, high traffic although the high traffic areas are swept everyday now. I am partial to the hardwood look.

Thanks for reading all of that....

Fire away!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH