Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bruce Hardwood Flooring (Maple, Antique)

Posted by penaddict (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 19, 10 at 21:01

I know a lot of people have negative opinions on Bruce but want to find out why and if this applies to all of its lines.
We were considering putting down the Bruce Liberty Plains 4" Planks in Maple Antique for our master bedroom and closet (just under 300 sq ft total).
We got a good price at our local flooring store (not big box).
The sample looks nice in the bedroom but haven't bought it yet.
Any thoughts or concerns or positive or negative ideas/suggestions? We are also considering installing it ourselves (though never have done it before but have read a lot and watched a lot of videos on it).
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bruce Hardwood Flooring (Maple, Antique)

I have installed a couple of Bruce floors lately(engineered gluedown), planning for the worst I have always seen in the past and after it was all said and done, they were actually nice floors to work with.

o
RE: Bruce Hardwood Flooring (Maple, Antique)

Thanks Floorguy! Expect the worst, hope for the best! Ordered them today. :) This will be our first hardwood flooring project we've done ourselves (we have a lot more experience with tile). I've watched videos and read books, so hope we will be prepared.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here