Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brazilian Cherry flooring

Posted by heartspeace (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 15, 12 at 20:50

Does anyone have any experience with this Brazillian Cherry Flooring from Home Depot?

Home Legend Brazilian Cherry 3/4 in. Thick x 5 in. Wide x Random Length Solid Hardwood Flooring (19.26 sq. ft. / case)

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Home-Legend-Brazilian-Cherry-3-4-in-Thick-x-5-in-Wide-x-Random-Length-Solid-Hardwood-Flooring-19-26-sq-ft-case-HL810W/203303647/

Model:

HL810W

Internet/Catalog:

Home Legend Exotic Solid Hardwood floors express beauty and elegance, while the construction adds great strength and stability. This product has achieved Greenguard Indoor Air Quality Certification and has been tested for more than 10,000 volatile organic compounds, including formaldehyde, to meet these standards. The tongue and groove profile allows the flooring to be installed on and above grade. This exotic flooring adds unique accent to any decor.SpecificationsAssembled Depth (in.) :71.625 inAssembled Height (in.) :.75 inAssembled Width (in.) :5 inBoard Edging :BeveledBoard Form :PlankCan Be Used Below Grade :NoColor :CherryColor Family :BrownCommercial / Residential :ResidentialIndoor/Outdoor :IndoorManufacturer Warranty :55 Year Residential WarrantyPortion of product made from wood (%) :100Prefinished :YesPrimary Specific Wood Species :Brazillian Cherry Jatob (Hymenaea courbaril)Product Weight (lb.) :69Product Width (in.) :5Returnable :90-DaySecondary Specific Wood Species :Brazillian Cherry Jatob (Hymenaea courbaril)Square Feet per Box (sq.ft.) :19.26THD Hardness Number :4

HP

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brazilian Cherry flooring

Ill just say this. Spend the extra money and buy from a floor distributor. Stay away from big box stores

o

We just put in three rooms of BC. Was afraid to get it from HD but even more afraid to install it ourselves. We have built or remodeled quite a bit of our home but the floors... I didn't want to mess with. They are fairly hard to cut and nail, compaired to oak. We had our local flooring store do it in three days.

It would be interesting to here of someone who has intalled BC from Home depot.

o

Yes, I am a little late but maybe this will help someone .. someday!?

Brazilian Cherry 4" x 3/4"

All bought at Lowes and installed by a Lowes contractor.

Simply beautiful wood floors (Where carpet use to be) and a Great installer!

I have the one picture (2nd row from bottom, right side) of my parlor floor with the old carpeting and at the (top center) is the finished wood flooring.

The wood is actually a darker rich color than what I could get to show with my cheap camera .. (not to mention amateur pho-tog skills! 8)

The pictures show some before and after as well as during installation shots!

Here is a link that might be useful: BRAZILIAN CHERRY

o

JustmeforNow, thank you for sharing! I wish I saw this post earlier. I LOVE your Brazilian Cherry Floors! I LOVE the 4" wide board which was my favorite width in 2009 but I could not find a Brazilian Cherry Floor in this width in an engineered format which I need. Thank you for reminding how much I love the colors, variation and the fine grain in the Brazilian Cherry Floors!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here